Attakwas - 2014

jugheaddave

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the fastest SS time was 6h40. Think the fastest time is held by Grant Usher 6h07 or something and Dangle (WE) 6h20 back in 2012. A rumor doing the rounds is that they wanna go back and smash 6 hours :unsure:

Yup did a 6:40, did not manage the beat my 6:20 of last year. Was good until about 90km and then the wheels came off slightly. Sub 6 on a SS will be a great time on a SS, I think it will mean running the bigger climbs so that you have the gearing to smash the flatter fast sections in the last 30 odd kms.

I hope more guys decide to pitch up on SS next year, so we can have some proper racing! It's not often than the race organisers give us our own category!

Yup did a 6:40, did not manage the beat my 6:20 of last year. Was good until about 90km and then the wheels came off slightly. Sub 6 on a SS will be a great time on a SS, I think it will mean running the bigger climbs so that you have the gearing to smash the flatter fast sections in the last 30 odd kms.

I hope more guys decide to pitch up on SS next year, so we can have some proper racing! It's not often than the race organisers give us our own category!

Well done on your win!!

What bike did you ride and what was your gearing?

Well done on your win!!

What bike did you ride and what was your gearing?

Thanks! Rode my Santacruz Highball, build is as follows:

Santacruz Higball Aluminium with SS dropouts, Fox F32 Kashima (you guys on rigids are cray cray), Middleburn RS8 crankset, Hope 32T ring, Chris King 20T cog. Chris King hubs on FRM rims with Wheelsmith DB14 spokes, Onza Canis 2.2 tyres, Formula R1 brakes, Thomson bar and stem, Enve bar, Gobi Kium saddle.

Used a 32x20, tried 33x20 over December but just to big a gear for me for the first 80kms. Maybe next year if I drop 5kg's!

Thanks! Rode my Santacruz Highball, build is as follows:

Santacruz Higball Aluminium with SS dropouts, Fox F32 Kashima (you guys on rigids are cray cray), Middleburn RS8 crankset, Hope 32T ring, Chris King 20T cog. Chris King hubs on FRM rims with Wheelsmith DB14 spokes, Onza Canis 2.2 tyres, Formula R1 brakes, Thomson bar and stem, Enve bar, Gobi Kium saddle.

Used a 32x20, tried 33x20 over December but just to big a gear for me for the first 80kms. Maybe next year if I drop 5kg's!

Great bike and build. Probably weighs around 9kgs!

So we rode the same gearing. Damn, you must have been spinning like mad on those flat and downhill sections. Not to mention a much higher cadence on the uphills as well. :)