Attakwas - 2014

jugheaddave

Couldn't do it this year because of injury but went with to support my training buddies.

Took some cool pics with my phone.

post-13140-0-71586100-1390144857_thumb.jpg

post-13140-0-29881300-1390144862_thumb.jpg

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Attakwas on the same route as 361 mtb race in April?

No. Attakwas is a point to point route from Oudtshoorn to Groot-Brak. 361 is a circular route around Oudtshoorn.

6.42 114 overall. Changed my front ring to a 34 few days before, happy I did. I love that race but the bite in the tail got me this year. Next year will be a 6.15!!! Again perfect weather this year. Sad for Timo. I still think he is one of our best. And amazing race by Eric. He is nothing less than world class.

6.43.09 116 overall, pretty dam close to each other for 125km of riding !

Some pics to make us weekend warriors feel better - Sauser & co walking.

So frieken bly om dit te sien....nou voel ek effens beter!! :blush:

6:21 & 65th overall. I'll be the first to admit Rigid fork was a bad choice, 1x10 with a 36T chainring & 36T at the back another mistake should've just bought the 34T. I know that's suicidal, lesson learned. Advantages I gained with the light fork was all wasted when I had to walk some of the rocky descends or at times descended at snail pace which is usually my strengths. Also had to walk some climbs which other riders were able to ride out. Oh well, I'll be back next year for that Sub 6 but it really should've been 2014. My second attempt & love this event will be back for as long as I can ride.

This morning was the league road race, Tour De PPA & I managed to finish with the bunch after being dropped up the Vissershok climb. Now for 2 days of nothing.

Edit Spelling

Edited by milky4130

6:21 & 65th overall. I'll be the first to admit Rigid fork was a ad choice, 1x10 with a 36T chainring & 36T at the back another mistake should've just bought the 34T. I know that's sucidal, lesson learnt. Advantages I gained with the light fork was all wasted when I had to walk some of the rocky descents or at times descend at snail pace which is usually my strengths. Also had to walk some climbs which other riders were able to ride out. Oh well I'll be back next year for that Sub 6 but it really should've been 2014. My second attempt & love this event will be backfired as long as I can ride.

This morning was the league road race, Tour De PPA & I managed to finish with the bunch after being dropped up the Vissershok climb. Now for 2 days of nothing.

Milky did you ride the all black mtb with the rigid fork? I think I've seen you at some stage at Pine Creek when you came riding through the gates by the office after you finished?

6:21 & 65th overall. I'll be the first to admit Rigid fork was a ad choice, 1x10 with a 36T chainring & 36T at the back another mistake should've just bought the 34T. I know that's sucidal, lesson learnt. Advantages I gained with the light fork was all wasted when I had to walk some of the rocky descents or at times descend at snail pace which is usually my strengths. Also had to walk some climbs which other riders were able to ride out. Oh well I'll be back next year for that Sub 6 but it really should've been 2014. My second attempt & love this event will be backfired as long as I can ride.

Wow, that's a great time with the mentioned "limitations"! Nice one Milky, BTW Evobikes have some Wolftooth now, bit late, but I'm just saying!

Milky did you ride the all black mtb with the rigid fork? I think I've seen you at some stage at Pine Creek when you came riding through the gates by the office after you finished?

yeah that couldve been me.

BTW freaking nice resort you have there, a couple of mates planning on coming back there out of racing season. Edited by milky4130

Wow, that's a great time with the mentioned "limitations"! Nice one Milky, BTW Evobikes have some Wolftooth now, bit late, but I'm just saying!

:eek: Thanks B, I'll buy it & just keep in storage for Atta 2015 :clap: