Attakwas - 2014

jugheaddave

See there are shuttles available, to take you back from the finish to your accomodation, has anyone used these shuttles before?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kleinplaas or at Chandelier/startline. Jinne last year I bonked myself silly.. Longest 8 hours on a bike EVER. I have a Transkaroo and two Transbaviaanse under the belt but none moered me as hard as this race it kicked me right on the Zip!!!

Is Kleinplaas close to the Start, how did you get back after the event, not sure of the distance back from the finish

See there are shuttles available, to take you back from the finish to your accomodation, has anyone used these shuttles before?

i just remember seeing a huge queue & guys waiting in the sun fighting for he was first in the queue.

You usually organise a vehicle transfer with the rotary club or bring your own driver with works out the same.

Its fun... Just enjoy it and dont try to break the record on your 1st year. Stay well hydrated and enjoy the scenery.....

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone do this on a rigid fork before or anyone remember if it was very rocky, i did the 2013 event but everything is a blur + i crashed & only over the past weekend notice that my helmet actually cracked.

Anyone do this on a rigid fork before or anyone remember if it was very rocky, i did the 2013 event but everything is a blur + i crashed & only over the past weekend notice that my helmet actually cracked.

Yeah, and it wasn't too bad.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

serious? :drool: I'm considering & can shave a good 1kg if I swap forks out.

Well here is the catch, you might save weight and gain a bit on the climbs but you are pretty limited as to how hard you can hit those downhills.

I managed to ride every single bit of the route but had to be very careful in places.

Well here is the catch, you might save weight and gain a bit on the climbs but you are pretty limited as to how hard you can hit those downhills.

I managed to ride every single bit of the route but had to be very careful in places.

well what was your time the last time you did this event, that way I'll know how fast or slow you were going downhill?

well what was your time the last time you did this event, that way I'll know how fast or slow you were going downhill?

Singlespeed 6:21

How is everyones training going?

Done plenty miles but need to start focussing. Doing Sabie Experience after which focus will be on Atta. Aiming for 7 hours.

What about the corrugations on the last bazillion ks of district road? always wandered how they feel on a rigid...?