Ibis Mojo HDR 650b - Build & Review

Iwan Kemp

Had Johan from Hasie and the Robots at our place this morning. He's going to come up with a couple of ideas then we'll take it from there.

AWESOME!!!!

post-5403-0-93513000-1385553642_thumb.jpg

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

The "How to be a Mountain Biker" shot

post-1575-0-66850200-1385914819_thumb.jpg

Ok so fess up. Hopes are the shizzle hey.

Ok so fess up. Hopes are the shizzle hey.

Yip. Must admit that jumping on the bike for the first time in the Enduro I nearly sheeet my pants when I grabbed the brakes and there was nothing there! But the glaze is gone and they are up to full working speed! Compared to R1R I would say they have better modulation (transition from touching them to full grab is more gradual), lever design is the shizzzzz and stopping power is good.

How does it ride?

Like happiness on two wheels! After my second ride the Fox CTD is still giving me stick whereas the Pike was flying from k one. Hans Dampf front and rear provides oodles of grip, traction is phenomenal and overall enjoyment is at an all-time high!

Edited by The Crow

• 2 months later...

http://rcdn.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Ibis_HDR_BLhuck.jpg

http://reviews.mtbr.com/compare-o-bottom-line-the-ibis-mojo-hdr-275-is-a-razor-sharp-performer

“The dw-link provided hardtail-like efficiency on the ascents and came alive on descents. I prefer a more plush suspension feel than I could dial in on the HDR, though there’s a certain taughtness to the DW package that might change my mind about that,” commented one test rider.

Another rider compared the HDR’s characteristics to a sports car.

“The HDR reminds me of a Porsche Cayman—highly refined, exacting standards, perfectly sculpted, timeless design, handles effortlessly, extremely forgiving and fits like a custom tailored suit,” he said.

• 2 weeks later...

Whooohaa Nelly! First was yesterday's Enduro and all I can say is this bike FAAAAAAAST! Started off a bit jumpy on the first stage, but was a lot better after I dialled out some rebound. Pike is in a league of it's own. Used absolute full travel, but have no idea where - always a good sign as that means it didn't dive or bottomed out.

Traction was incredible. Need to spend a bit more time with the Fox though. More later, first meeting of the day awaits!

That takes me back to Earthworm Jim on the Megadrive.

I feel old for even remembering that.

Iwan: have I harassed you yet for a review on the pike?

Coming soon. (Start saving in the mean time)

Guest Omega Man

Coming soon. (Start saving in the mean time)

Jonty Neethling has a brand new one in the box going "cheap" I was going to get it but my wife decided we wanted a new washing washing more.

http://rcdn.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Ibis_HDR_BLhuck.jpg

http://reviews.mtbr....sharp-performer

“The dw-link provided hardtail-like efficiency on the ascents and came alive on descents. I prefer a more plush suspension feel than I could dial in on the HDR, though there’s a certain taughtness to the DW package that might change my mind about that,” commented one test rider.

Another rider compared the HDR’s characteristics to a sports car.

“The HDR reminds me of a Porsche Cayman—highly refined, exacting standards, perfectly sculpted, timeless design, handles effortlessly, extremely forgiving and fits like a custom tailored suit,” he said.

Very, very cool.

"And the forests will echo with laughter"

Jonty Neethling has a brand new one in the box going "cheap" I was going to get it but my wife decided we wanted a new washing washing more.

Women and their skewed priorities :lol:

Guest Omega Man

Women and their skewed priorities :lol:

I know hey? I didn't find the grinding noise coming from the old one annoying at all.

I know hey? I didn't find the grinding noise coming from the old one annoying at all.

If the clothes were clean then you caved too early.

I wanted to buy some pedals this week but the wife made such a fuss over the need to eat I was forced to give in (I will sneak out and get the pedals next week when she isn't looking...)

Guest Omega Man

If the clothes were clean then you caved too early.

I wanted to buy some pedals this week but the wife made such a fuss over the need to eat I was forced to give in (I will sneak out and get the pedals next week when she isn't looking...)

hahaha.