Rockshox reverb dropper PSI

ThePubSA

Hey bro's/broettes

Need some advice from the dropper veterans.

Looking around on the net, seems need to run the revrb @ 250psi for it to function swiftly.

Mine doesnt seem to want to go down @ that psi.Think on vital one poster said might be some stiction till post is run in at 250psi and to run it abit lower.

Im running it about 200 and seems to go down fairly easily,is it imperative that i run it at 250psi ?

Thnx in advance :thumbup:

Edited by 2Nutz

It just says 250PSI max on the cap. So I can't see any issue running it at a lower pressure.

They said it doesnt run as swiftly/effectivley and may have side2side play if not ?

Think before version 2 running it lower caused problems.

The pressure wont matter - as in if it works at 200, then leave it.

Sounds like it might need a bleed though. That one bubble trapped in there is making it diffuclt to compress at higher PSI.

But then again, if you happy with the return speed then leave it as is.

Have you got your adjustment on the remote lever turned to fastest, slowest or somewhere in between ?

Or you have done what I did and accidentally squished the cable in a moving part of the frame - My "crimped" cable now doesnt allow the reverb to SHOOT back up ... it just comes up slowly and thats on the fastest setting of the adjuster.

Check your cable out for a squished section - that may be your issue

http://forums.mtbr.c...-660853-57.html

http://forums.mtbr.c...and-847201.html

http://forums.mtbr.c...tml#post9415375

should have saved the exact pages its in there somwhere :blush:

i remember to have read a REVERB post aside from what was mentioned earlier here, about the owner checking the Air pressure on his REVERB and he found out it was under the recommended 250 psi.

so i decided to check the PSI on mine and guess what it was! it was at 130 PSI! so adjusted the PSI to approximately 250 psi. approximate because unfortunately my SHOCK PUMP releases air when i unscrew it. (suggestions as to a SHOCK PUMP that will accurately provide AIR PRESSURE will be very much appreciated)

after adding the air pressure, problem was gone. REVERB seatpost did not budge when i tried to lift it up from the saddle. this leads me to two theories.

1. since i think i did not have this problem initially, could it be that the seatpost had the suggested 250psi but has started to leak hence its at 130 now? im doubting this though, since the post i read, the owner was upset that the REVERB did not come with factory suggested PSI. now, if its a leak issue, where and how could be leaking?

2. the LBS did not put in the correct AIR PRESSURE when they assembled my MTB. but how can this be? im inclined to think the seatpost came in with the bike installed to the frame from TREK, but then again if this was not the case, how can the LBS miss the marking on the REVERB air valve cover that clearly shows 250 PSI?

my golly... hopefully having the correct air pressure will be a permanent fix. NOW if i can just find a shock pump that is accurate enough to provide the correct air pressure, ill be set.

Edited by 2Nutz

Sposed to be some play when you lift bike up by seat if not @250 and can develop some sag.

Was just checking if it bad to run it under ,most of those threads saying 250 so as not to develop internal issues later on ?

Mine just might need the run in period for 250 psi.

Working flawlessly @ 200 :thumbup:

The pressure wont matter - as in if it works at 200, then leave it.

Sounds like it might need a bleed though. That one bubble trapped in there is making it diffuclt to compress at higher PSI.

But then again, if you happy with the return speed then leave it as is.

Have you got your adjustment on the remote lever turned to fastest, slowest or somewhere in between ?

Or you have done what I did and accidentally squished the cable in a moving part of the frame - My "crimped" cable now doesnt allow the reverb to SHOOT back up ... it just comes up slowly and thats on the fastest setting of the adjuster.

Check your cable out for a squished section - that may be your issue

No its returning like a bat out of hell @ 250psi so i put the speed sort of 1/2 way.Just seems to hard to push it back in at 250,think it will if i push down hard enough, just dont want to break seals or summin.

Seems like i would be forcing it to get it down at 250.

@ 200 all seems shweetly B)

So glad I took the KS....

Ja sorry im dof, new 2013 reverb with 2 year warranty for 2k ... :blush:

For sure a KS nicer

Ja sorry im dof, new 2013 reverb with 2 year warranty for 2k ... :blush:

For sure a KS nicer

No boet. Not dof. That's a good price! Less than what I paid a few years ago!! I looked at both. Had mine for a while now. Bought at around the time that the 2nd Gen Reverbs came out. I chose the KS based on online reviews as well as the simplicity of the cable operation. No bleed issues either. Just fit and forget. Hasn't given me any hassles.

Regardless of what brand or drop you spent your money well :thumbup:

No boet. Not dof. That's a good price! Less than what I paid a few years ago!! I looked at both. Had mine for a while now. Bought at around the time that the 2nd Gen Reverbs came out. I chose the KS based on online reviews as well as the simplicity of the cable operation. No bleed issues either. Just fit and forget. Hasn't given me any hassles.

Regardless of what brand or drop you spent your money well :thumbup:

The KS looks better quality,havent had a good look at it,but after handling the verb it is abit cheapy especially the 2 bolts on the seat rail clamps.

Actually my cousin had a scrotum dropper and i thought with these besides the remote line was also the fact that they would go down remotely too......

Shows how much i know :w00t: :lol:

Edited by 2Nutz

Have you turned the speed dial at the remote? Glanced through thread and didn't see any mention of it.

Just a little above 1/2 way.

Read to turn it to full for a bleed as opposed to the manual saying on slow ?

Edited by 2Nutz