Body fat measurement calipers

Mikesa9

I want to buy body fat calipers. My google has not been successful in that there appears to be no clear brand that stands above the rest, nothing clear on whether you should go for digital or not, nor where is the best place to buy. Any suggestions/advice will be appreciated.

Your gym equipment sellers will sell you a calliper with all the springs and whistles for around R800.

I bought myself one of those simple ones at Sportsmans Warehouse for R100. Works fine.

I also use a Withings scale which is quite nice little gadget. You might want to have a look at it.....stores data automatically and picks up who is standing on the scale and stores it under the correct person......all done via Wifi.

You can spend thousands on this, but I think if you spend about R300 you can buy an Accumeasure caliper that is very popular and high quality.

Why not spend the money on doing more training and or racing and then you don't need to worry about body mass / % body fat etc. :whistling:

Why not spend the money on doing more training and or racing and then you don't need to worry about body mass / % body fat etc. :whistling:

It just another form of measuring improvement.