You hope your brakes look as good as Shimano XTR

Guest Travis.

Guest Omega Man

I need one bike, but have three and working on number four....I am running out of reasons to tell the wife why I MUST have no 4 ....maybe I should just play the honesty card....

Hahaha. K so we all have the disease.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe, ye building one bike with all the "I WANTs, I NEEDs" on it is to simply, rather build 4, each with a little something special.

G

I need one bike, but have three and working on number four....I am running out of reasons to tell the wife why I MUST have no 4 ....maybe I should just play the honesty card....

Having now done some reading, it is to do with weight saving while maintaining the "rigidity" or "stiffness" of the rotors.

Nope, it's all about cooling. The slicers are there to keep the rotor "ice" cool...

Tell her you have all the parts for another bike lying around in spare boxes, you may as well just get a cheap frame and assemble it otherwise it's a waste of parts. This can technically be true. 9 out of 10 male judges would dismiss any case against you.

Tell her you have all the parts for another bike lying around in spare boxes, you may as well just get a cheap frame and assemble it otherwise it's a waste of parts. This can technically be true. 9 out of 10 male judges would dismiss any case against you.

Pulled that trick on bike no 3....I need fresh material. Eish

Nope, it's all about cooling. The slicers are there to keep the rotor "ice" cool...

That's not what I got from reading an article in Bike Rumour.

Now, those are sexy. Got given a set by a customer when I was building up my 'Dale as a SS. Excellent brakes!

Parallel V's, they were fantastic and actually had a bit of modulation.

The Avid ArchRival's ,not too bad either.

1017-202700.jpg

But then again, prior to that we were all very happy to be sporting some HS 33's.

post-4100-0-71891600-1383234208_thumb.jpg

Peach and many other trials riders still put their trust in HS33's. My trials bike runs Echo hydraulic rim brakes. If I ever manage to progress on that infernal machine, I may oneday upgrade to HS33's.

Apart from the shiny XTR gets ceramic pistons, titanium backing plates and a few other exotic upgrades.

The cash to performance ratio is out of whack though - XTR works better but not as much better as the price increase would suggest.

They are really purrrrrrty though. My precioussssss.

They all have ceramic pistons at least from slx on up as well as the heat disipating design and pads if you want them- the piston heads only make contact with the pads at the edges so probably run a little cooler... The PB review of the 2012 SLX found them pretty much as good as the XTR

I have these

What do I win?

http://crev.vo.llnwd.net/o42/mtbreview/images/products/medium450/product_477694_33299.jpg

I have these

What do I win?

http://crev.vo.llnwd.net/o42/mtbreview/images/products/medium450/product_477694_33299.jpg

A bike that stops when you pull that lever...also quite a bit of maintenance free miles. For some that is 1st prize...myself included

I have these

What do I win?

XT?

Is that like XTR for losers?

Nothing personal like - just trying to reignite the fun portion of this thread.

Nobody like this informative, interesting and positive stuff :-)

Pulled that trick on bike no 3....I need fresh material. Eish

Easy .. buy her new shoes .. and then you can go do what you want because shes too preoccupied. Works for me everytime

Edited by nigelhicks

I have these

What do I win?

Have them too ... on my current DH bike ... absolutely amazing brakes ... They have even won a World Championship DH :ph34r: .... the back levers release has gone a bit flaccid though ... hope that problem is not contagious! :blink: :eek: :whistling: