Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to this. A lot.

Might need to put the SS away for a bit and ride the trail bike again.

Looks like I may get a pass for this one. On the issue of the difficulty level, I have no problem with a DH style course as long as there are chicken runs - for instance the Tokai DH line is pretty rideable whether you do all the features or not...

But I think you'll like the new section. Quite similar to G-Spot, obviously just shorter. Towards the end there's a tricky little rocky step down/drop off thingy immediately followed by a sharp right turn which has already seen it's share of land grabbing.

Where about is this? is it near the start of the black route descent, or further down the trail closer to the trig beacon side?

Where about is this? is it near the start of the black route descent, or further down the trail closer to the trig beacon side?

past the substation going up along the fence farm side, and then turn right. someone sent me a marked up google earth map of it, but i dont have it with me. maybe Banna can clue us up properly?

Entered as well-really sad to be missing out on Eselfontein but looking forward to riding trails blind-always good to highlight your weak points!

Entered as well-really sad to be missing out on Eselfontein but looking forward to riding trails blind-always good to highlight your weak points!

Better bring your stock of markers, 'cos I'm gonna run out halfway through. May as well just dip me in a vat of pink paint.

past the substation going up along the fence farm side, and then turn right. someone sent me a marked up google earth map of it, but i dont have it with me. maybe Banna can clue us up properly?

Cap you pretty much have it spot on. Continue up on the jeep track past the sub station, staying on the farm side of the fence. It's literally the first turnoff right into the vinyards once you started going up next to the fence. And then it's probably another 100 metres or so and you'll see the entry to the section on your left. It's actually marked with a board, so you can't miss it.

Cap you pretty much have it spot on. Continue up on the jeep track past the sub station, staying on the farm side of the fence. It's literally the first turnoff right into the vinyards once you started going up next to the fence. And then it's probably another 100 metres or so and you'll see the entry to the section on your left. It's actually marked with a board, so you can't miss it.

K... Cant say i understand completely but i will go searching. is it open to the public or is it in restricted members only territory?

K... Cant say i understand completely but i will go searching. is it open to the public or is it in restricted members only territory?

Very much members only.

I think I'm going to have to sneak an early morning ride before work tomorrow.

I think I'm going to have to sneak an early morning ride before work tomorrow.

Hehe. Be warned. That section can be very addictive....so take a few GU's along just in case....

MH.... pleeaaaaase tell me you didn't trade in the Intense for a....... Scott.....

I did.

You'd be surprised by how nimble and quick it is...

Ideally, I want one of these sick puppies, but my sensibilities don't like the idea of spending R20k on a hardtail frame:

http://cdn1.coresites.mpora.com/bikemagic_new/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Hard-Eddie-bike-171.jpg

Don't worry about the travel! If it's anything like the last ones, you could do it on a hardtail with NO travel!

Really? So i can bring my rigid SS and still get round? Im game........

Better bring your stock of markers, 'cos I'm gonna run out halfway through. May as well just dip me in a vat of pink paint.

Send you down first and look for the smudges?