Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Yep! Kakking off on the climbs with my 34 front ring.

Eish.

I've asked Devon to give me pricing on a full Zee drivetrain with a 30 narrow/wide on the front and a 36 on the back of my Reign. I think I'm still gonna run a topguide tho.

Eish.

I've asked Devon to give me pricing on a full Zee drivetrain with a 30 narrow/wide on the front and a 36 on the back of my Reign. I think I'm still gonna run a topguide tho.

u dont even need narrow-wide fashion: the clutched rear mech will do it for you. but belts and braces wont hurt ;)

Edited by Capricorn

Sure.

Follow me, I'm right behind you!

so you'll also be resting more than climbing? :P

Yep! Kakking off on the climbs with my 34 front ring.

lol, yeah, this 34 up front thing is a killer... I'm so *** tired by the time I get to the top, I barely just keep myself upright on the way down... :wacko:

lol, yeah, this 34 up front thing is a killer... I'm so *** tired by the time I get to the top, I barely just keep myself upright on the way down... :wacko:

Lol. Yeah. You do get used to it! But still. I've climbed to the mast on a 32 up front and 34 at the back, so that's at least one milestone done. And I was heavier when I did it. Now I've got the 34 & 11-36 so it's about the same...

Omega: this could be a plan. This guy cut the boomerang and attached the top guide and lower bash taco to the ISCG tabs. Additional top chain jump protection and chainring protection at the bottom via the Taco. Belts and braces.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/matmattmatthew/DSC03431_zpsf295eeac.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/matmattmatthew/DSC03435_zps7f215d37.jpg

Edited by Capricorn

i see Wolf offers a direct mount bash ring to protect that blingring... maybe someone handy can fashion one out of a standard bashring..

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0230/9291/products/26T_with_bash_1024x1024.jpg?v=1380389286

Edited by Capricorn

I wonder how much that chain guide weighs....?

(Just kidding :P)

no you're not.. :P but i'll hazard probably weighless (:P) than the rubber wrap around the chainstay...

Edited by Capricorn

Guest Omega Man

u dont even need narrow-wide fashion: the clutched rear mech will do it for you. but belts and braces wont hurt ;)

Gonna run a narrow wide and a c-sixx top guide. Might be taking it to that other place I'm not allowed to talk about and the trails get pretty rough there.

On another matter. Rode G Spot today. OMG. Mark Gordon is a trail builder of note. He's managed to extract soooo much flow out of almost no vertical at all. If you okes want to see the definition of progressive go and ride there.Someone please hire him to build.

Gonna run a narrow wide and a c-sixx top guide. Might be taking it to that other place I'm not allowed to talk about and the trails get pretty rough there.

On another matter. Rode G Spot today. OMG. Mark Gordon is a trail builder of note. He's managed to extract soooo much flow out of almost no vertical at all. If you okes want to see the definition of progressive go and ride there.Someone please hire him to build.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2mNEP8ROpGk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2mNEP8ROpGk

He put this on the Gspot fb page today

Hey ya wimps - the 34 isnt that bad to pedal - just drop your cadence and plod...