Another Red Robot complaint

IanJ

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Name and shame... Could work... People's ego's are generally harder hit than their wallets... ;P

Everybody knows it's Cycle Lab abd Club 100.

Delgado...I've been a supporter ever since you crushed all opposition at Luz Ardiden!!! ALLEZ!!!
Muchas gracias senor.....!!!!!

Interestingly at the intersection of Grayston and Sandton, each morning I go past (having been dropped by the racing bunch some 5-10kms previously) there is a metro police car tucked in behind one of those mobile trailer sign boards. sometimes there are two cars there. These guys do nothing but sit and eat donuts I think.

When the robots are red it is quite dodgy, and I stop, because the cars definitely wont see a cyclist coming down from Sandton city at 70kms/h in their blind spot as they turn right.

Cant speak for the main group, they are usually too far ahead to see what they are up to...

Interestingly at the intersection of Grayston and Sandton' date=' each morning I go past (having been dropped by the racing bunch some 5-10kms previously) there is a metro police car tucked in behind one of those mobile trailer sign boards. sometimes there are two cars there. These guys do nothing but sit and eat donuts I think.

When the robots are red it is quite dodgy, and I stop, because the cars definitely wont see a cyclist coming down from Sandton city at 70kms/h in their blind spot as they turn right.

Cant speak for the main group, they are usually too far ahead to see what they are up to...
[/quote'] Nah!! More like Chickin Lickin!!!

I must admit, I skip red lights some time.  But when you're a woman alone out training, it's better to skip a red light than wait for something worse to happen.  But then I only skip a red light early in the morning when there is almost no cars in sight and I always cross with caution.  During normal hours, even if it is save to cross, I will wait at a red light.   

LOL! No, but our cops dont eat donuts.. thats only in the states... I think Delgado is right about the chicken licken.. :P

LOL! No' date=' but our cops dont eat donuts.. thats only in the states... I think Delgado is right about the chicken licken.. :P[/quote']

No No.... Our cops eat Magwinya, for White folks that is "Vet Koek", available on just about every street corner and taxi rank...

The law is the law and shouldn't be broken, but ultimately it is there for your safety and was made for people who haven't got enough IQ to work it that it is dangerous to do such things for themselves.

What amazes me is peoples lack of 'survival instinct'. I met a guy on a ride some months back and he rode straight through a 4 way stop when there were cars already stopped coming from the other 3 sides of the intersection. He didn't slow at all, but put up his hand like a pointsman indicating the cars should stop and rode straight through. Lucky for him the motorist could see his intent and didn't flatten him, but with that approach, your luck WILL run out quickly.

Generally, we (cyclists) moan about lousy motorist and useless cop, which is often true, but many of us are no better. If we improved our discipline and skill (and not just at robots) there would defininately be a down turn in accidents. But it comes back to 'survival instinct' - some just want live more than others.....

Start the "name and shame" page and post pics as well' date='I am sure they are all camera friendly cyclists.[/quote']

Tried that, still working off the suntan from the flaming it got.  Go see "(wo)men behaving badly."