Burning feet

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but here goes. My feet start to burn as if they are on fire, especially on long rides. It usually happens after about 60-80 km and this happens with both mtb and road. Does anyone know what causes this or who to see about it? I'm in the RandparkridgeGauteng area Jhb.

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but here goes. My feet start to burn as if they are on fire, especially on long rides. It usually happens after about 60-80 km and this happens with both mtb and road. Does anyone know what causes this or who to see about it? I'm in the RandparkridgeGauteng area Jhb.

I have the same problem, hopefully someone out there can give us some advice. Only happens after 3 hours on both bikes... Have had a BG bike setup on both bikes with lasers etc and still seem to get very saw feet (on fire feeling).

May be caused by many things, shoes, cleat position or something more sinister like nerve impingement or circulation. My advise is to see a sports podiatrist. Get a proper opion. Contact the Podiatry association office on 0861100249. To help you find someone in your area.

ive never had it with cycling but i had it badly with other sports. my conclusion was that it was caused by a combination of pressure and sweat. take the pressure off a bit by looseing the shoes a bit. wear socks with extra padding on the bottom. wash your feet before you train and put cream on before you put your socks on. put cream on your feet before you go to bed at night. do your shoes have enough ventilation holes?

Wear Thinner Socks. And Start walking Barefoot everywhere. That will harden your feet very quickly. :whistling:

I found the wrong socks is the culprit. In my case 100%cotton cycling specific socks is the solution.

And dont tighten the shoes too much.

After years of not having burning feet, I wore the wrong socks the other day and had to actually stop next to the road the relieve my feet from burning so much.

I took out the 2 biggest Morton's Neuromas I have ever seen today. Guy did the J2C this year - so plenty HTFU in him. Google it. It happens.

Hot Foot it is, problem away it will go if....

Shoes fit properly, otherwise loosen middle and front strap until l your feet get used to the pressure.

I find that I have been off the bike for a few months and then go for a long ride it becomes a serious issue. Not too bad on the bike, bad damn once I take the shoes off and try and walk.

Loosening the strap works a charm till I HFTP.

and let me tell you even drinking 1 or 2 cups of cement does not help on the first few rides.

Use tit, don't use it.

It is a common problem. Topic was discussed on supercycling before as well. Google it! Buddy of mine had it real bad. Changed his shoes (sidi to specialized) and it solved the problem. Reckon it has to do with fit, cleat position and bridge support and most probably cleat position

I took out the 2 biggest Morton's Neuromas I have ever seen today. Guy did the J2C this year - so plenty HTFU in him. Google it. It happens.

Where were they located and what symptoms was he having?

Feel free to not satisfy my professional curiosity... :)