Stolen Cervelo P2 at Engen Dynamic - 10/11/13

Lance9033

Is that the same P2 that was converted into a roadbike? Have seen that bike numerous times at all the rides. I doubt it would be a cyclist. There are just too many opportunists lurking around at events waiting for an opportunity to score something. Damn you cant even go the toilet alone anymore.

Yoh that is bad ..and insurance company will say you left it unattended ...negligent on the owners part ...so no pay out ...if insured ...eish ...

PS ....not saying the owner was negligent....just thinking that is what the insurance might say ... :(

yoooh fuuuurking hell this is getting ridiculous :cursing:

i know the feeling ekse!

hope the bike gets recovered soon

We were sitting just 3m from the toilets,and our bikes were standing right there,Dogma,Gt,Kuota and Merida..

Anyways,i did see this dude come past and Yes Its converted to a road bike...and the guy looked rather indian..had a Vodacom (red) top on.. 2mins later He asked if i saw someone riding away with a Cervelo P2..i told him No dude,go tell the organisers etc.. He was just roaming looking for the bike..

Mate of mine had his mtb taken off the back of his bakkie at a recent event in the winelands. Seems like the opportunists have realised that it's quite easy to take your pick of bikes in the context of a big event, where nobody thinks twice when you lift it off a bakkie or from outside the bogs and fade into the crowd.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

It's a pretty sad thing to have to offer, but if you see any of the TB marshals parked up, then you are welcome to leave your bike with us while nature calls.

I think the days of leaving your bike unattended and mutual trust is something of the past. These characters looming around should not be where our vehicles and pricey equipment is stored / parked. if I see in future I will not be ashamed to ask what their business is, if theyre not parking cyclists / attendants / supporters (def noticeable) too an expensive lesson to learn! sorry to hear bout your bike

Hi All,

It was my bike that got stolen yesterday.

There were so many bikes around to the left and right of mine and I just went into the toilet to rinse my face.

When I came out it was gone.

Cervelo P2, I put drop bars on it so that I could do road races.

My Garmin FR910XT was on the bike as well.

Edited by LesliePottier

Hi All,

It was my bike that got stolen yesterday.

There were so many bikes around to the left and right of mine and I just went into the toilet to rinse my face.

When I came out it was gone.

Cervelo P2, I put drop bars on it so that I could do road races.

Serial number SNP2C11L50156

My Garmin FR910XT was on the bike as well.

Hard lines buddy. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope you get her back. Remove the serial number from the post though...