Strava users

fabs

Hello fellow Hubbers.

Are there any Strava users out there with Android phones using heart rate sensors?

Which ones are compatible with Strava, and where do you get them?.

Thanks.

Eeiissshhh for that price or maybe a little more you can get a decent Edge 500 bundle with HRM and then you can still upload to strava/endomondo etc.

Ok Wayne, you just blasted my "theory" to pieces :thumbup:

Edited by RudoJ

I hope Strave will start to support ANT+ devices in the near future. I got the Samsung Note 3 and it supports ANT+ out of the box and from what I hear the upcoming Android 4.3 update will also enable this on the S3 / S4.

I have a Garmin chest strap from my Forerunner 305 and would love to use it with my phone and Strava. It looks like Strave only accepts bluetooth transmitters at this stage

According to the little research I've done Endomondo already supports this ANT+ feature.

Hell yeah!! I am not going to spend R800 or more on a Belt just for strava. I allready have a Ant+ Belt for Bryton..

I'm watching this thread! The moment it gets to "cutting corners to speed up your time" you'll hear from me again..

I've got a real crap job ahead of me in the next few weeks, closing off the "straight as strava" shortcut lines..

Ok, as you were.. rant over - for now.

Thanks for your help guys.

I hope Polar makes one that is compatible, i'm already using one of their computers.

I'm watching this thread! The moment it gets to "cutting corners to speed up your time" you'll hear from me again..

I've got a real crap job ahead of me in the next few weeks, closing off the "straight as strava" shortcut lines..

Ok, as you were.. rant over - for now.

I noticed some of those lines yesterday...... Eish!

Trails are starting to look so good and link nicely again (pity Cobra has been dumbed down!! haha). I wish I didnt have to work when you guys were building..

Keep up the good work and hopefully I can join you soon with a spade and a hoe! (the tool kind, not the rude kind..)

If ur using iPhone 4s or 5 any bluetooth HR strap is cool. I use the Wahoo and the Polar. I like using the Wahoo app because you can share to Strava, My Fitness Pal, Garmin, Nike+. I also use the Polar Beat app AND the Vitality Fit app. I have all three running at once and use the REFLKT on my bike. They sell all the Wahoo stuff at The Gadget Shop or online at Wahoo SA.

Edited by Spinsei