Schwalbe Hans Dampf

dillon

Who rides with these tires? Anyone doing cross country races with them, are they any good?

I can get snakeskin version for R260 each

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Who rides with these tires? Anyone doing cross country races with them, are they any good?

That's an incredibly good price for HD's.

Width?

Guest Omega Man

Also a very good tire.

Meh. I don't like them. Gets a bit vague when you lean them over in soft sand which is our staple diet in Summer. I won't be buying them again.

Guest Omega Man

The HD's are pretty fat. So a 2.35 is more or less as fat as a 2.5 Maxxis.

The pacestar is the "faster rolling" version. Not as grippy but then it's faster rolling. Still a very good tire, and in pace-star better for the harder conditions you get up there in JHB.

Oh, and Omega - you just need to lean harder :)

Found that vagueness this weekend. It seems to be the transition zone between middle and side knobs. Quite good knowing that they're there when leaned hard.

Very good price!

I would pay a lot more, they are absolutely fantastic! ( 2.35 snakeskin Pacestar)

Riding it on my SS now ( front) and totally in love, esp. on dry loose over hardpack.

Don't let this get out, others will want them :ph34r:

Edited by D Vader

and pacestar compound

NB: play with the pressures till you find the one that gives you and your riding style the grip you need. The harder compound makes the tyre a bit skittish in the rough.

I've been training with them, lots of grip but pretty slow and picks up every piece of sand you go over.

is it a one time deal or can you share ?