Schwalbe Hans Dampf

dillon

Meh. I don't like them. Gets a bit vague when you lean them over in soft sand which is our staple diet in Summer. I won't be buying them again.

What tire do you recommend for these conditions?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

The pacestar is the "faster rolling" version. Not as grippy but then it's faster rolling. Still a very good tire, and in pace-star better for the harder conditions you get up there in JHB.

Oh, and Omega - you just need to lean harder :)

Found that vagueness this weekend. It seems to be the transition zone between middle and side knobs. Quite good knowing that they're there when leaned hard.

Hahaha. Woh Evah!

I spoke to Chris Nixon the other day and he reckons he cuts the 2nd knobby from the edge of the tire to give it a similar sort of transition to the Maxxis Tire's I've been running forever.

I'm just not gonna buy HD's again.

brand new for R260??? me thinks not. but props if you got that right.

You need to think harder, 4 tires cost $105 including shipping. :thumbup:

Forgot the Vat though so it is about R316 a tire, still half price

Hahaha. Woh Evah!

I spoke to Chris Nixon the other day and he reckons he cuts the 2nd knobby from the edge of the tire to give it a similar sort of transition to the Maxxis Tire's I've been running forever.

What pressures are you running?

I am on 1.1 to 1.2 bar and they grip really well.

Guest Omega Man

What tire do you recommend for these conditions?

Dude I don't claim to be a tire expert AT ALL. I'm just saying what i feel when I tip the bike over. There are guys on here that have sampled every compound and tread pattern in the world and they'd be able to advise you far better than I would. I don't mind the HD on the rear. For the stuff I ride Maxxis Minion is my tire of first preference. But the trade off is that they are heavy. But function over weight saving for me every day of the week.

Guest Omega Man

What pressures are you running?

I am on 1.1 to 1.2 bar and they grip really well.

I'm talking specifically about fast sandy corners which we encounter a lot down here. On hardpack and rocks & root it's a great tire.

Hahaha. Woh Evah!

LOL. Yeah, just go Minion again. I'm gonna try the Muddy Mary's next time around. But tbh - nothing really grips in the sandy stuff that collects in the corners!

Dude I don't claim to be a tire expert AT ALL. I'm just saying what i feel when I tip the bike over. There are guys on here that have sampled every compound and tread pattern in the world and they'd be able to advise you far better than I would. I don't mind the HD on the rear. For the stuff I ride Maxxis Minion is my tire of first preference. But the trade off is that they are heavy. But function over weight saving for me every day of the week.

Thx. I'm running a rocket ron on the front and I find that the front slides out easily on sandy corners.

Oh, it's for 29erzzzzzzzzz.

Crestfallen.

sorry it is for my new chinarello 2nairer, but don't tell anyone.

All their Schwalbes are on special

Meh. I don't like them. Gets a bit vague when you lean them over in soft sand which is our staple diet in Summer. I won't be buying them again.

What are you riding?

Oh, it's for 29erzzzzzzzzz.

Crestfallen.

no wonder it's dirty cheap. No one wants to buy neiners.. i think the OP needs to RETHINK :P

just kidding op before u get all smarmy again ;)

Edited by Capricorn

While on the subject. :whistling:

Any suggestions for a better suited tyre for Cape Town trail conditions. I'm currently running a 2.35 Nobby Nic up front and a Conti Race King 2.1 at the back. With the trails down here I feel the back wanting to wash out a lot, so it's more a new back tyre then front.

I usually ride the Durbanville Trails and Tokai on occasion. I'm looking for something fairly fast rolling but also something that grips a bit better.

Should I be playing with my tyre pressures a bit more?

Thanks for the help.