Scott Spark 29" Epic Failure

seahorse

I broke my mates Pyga at Meerendal last weekend. The frame cracked in half at the weld. Can happen with anybike i guess.

Yissie,I hope the okes at PYGA redo their sums cos a join like that is bound to fail on a high load part like that. If I wasn't a patriot I'd have some *** things to say.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark from Crown found me a new temp replacement while mine gets warranteed. Only lost a weekend, but thanks to his efforts Ill atleast be riding over xmas period!!

a friend of mine broke 2 Scott chainstays. It took Probike forever to sort her out. she has since moved on to a Giant.

true story

Yissie,I hope the okes at PYGA redo their sums cos a join like that is bound to fail on a high load part like that. If I wasn't a patriot I'd have some *** things to say.

They replaced the rear triangle with no quibbles so at least that was good from Pyga but still you would think a Pyga would be bombproof Edited by Stevief

• 4 weeks later...

Mark from Crown found me a new temp replacement while mine gets warranteed. Only lost a weekend, but thanks to his efforts Ill atleast be riding over xmas period!!

Scott sent me an entire new Spark 940 frame to replace the chainstay issue on my 950. This is absolutely awesome of them!

Edited by Surv0MTB

This is like a bad dream man. Seeing these pics makes want to heave. Broke my chain stay in Dec. Scott say 2to3 weeks - eish. Hope I get a new frame????. Chances?

This is like a bad dream man. Seeing these pics makes want to heave. Broke my chain stay in Dec. Scott say 2to3 weeks - eish. Hope I get a new frame. Chances?

which model? Im still trying to figure out why they sent me an entire new frame, upgrade noggal. Not going to question it just incase it gets taken away from me :P

Conclusion, get a Spez. They hardly ever break. True story. :ph34r:

+100% Edited by feetup

Ok guys i had the 2013 Scott pro carbon frame and alu chainstay I broke 2 alu chain stays Scott were great and gave me a carbon chain stay thinking this guys sorted only to do berg and bush last year and broke the carbon one .I weigh 80kg so it's not a weight issue if anyone is wondering.the problem is there is lateral movement within the main pivot causing the resulting force to crack on the weld or snap on the carbon,unfortunately this problem can only be resolved by a redesign

My trek hi-fi cracked in the same spot....

Mnr the HI-FI had to give in you can only ride it like you stole it for so long- so respect to you and the hi fi

Spark was my first ever 29er and i never had a days problems.

post-47346-0-68376700-1389813537_thumb.jpg

Jislaaaaik Bru - you look serious!!!!

Spark was my first ever 29er and i never had a days problems.

post-47346-0-68376700-1389813537_thumb.jpg

Why the bar ends? No no no

Why the bar ends? No no no

Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with bar ends. Have never had them but was considering getting them.