2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you or PorS post a pic?

I don't have one, but I'm sure he can if we convinced him. There's a sizeable warp just behind the head tube, on the down tube. He hit that tree stukkend!!!

Bad? How did he fare?

He was off the bike for about 3 or 4 months. And couldn't really do manual labour, though he carried on in Tokai... Ribs, ego, etc... The fork is fine though! 36 VAN RC2

Ouch!

Fox 36 forks are amazing! I had a 36 Talas 160 on my old Reign 2006.

edit: I still miss the steering response. I hate the noodles on the front of my Trance.

Call me crazy...ordered the 2014 Trance 27.5 2 today...I just love the stealth black and will upgrade as I get to know the bike. Arriving on Monday and only picking up next Saturday.

Can't wait!!

Call me crazy...ordered the 2014 Trance 27.5 2 today...I just love the stealth black and will upgrade as I get to know the bike. Arriving on Monday and only picking up next Saturday.

Can't wait!!

Did you at least get to negotiate the price a bit?

Agreed with the Black on Black on Black on Black look.

Can't wait!!

Hope they gave you an amazing deal on it!

Can't wait!!

Black on black is cool but overdrive 2 is a major drawback. Did they give you fat discount?

Black on black is cool but overdrive 2 is a major drawback. Did they give you fat discount?

The 2015 also has OD2 according to this

http://www.giant-bic...#specifications

Fork Fox Float CTD Evolution w/ 15mm thru-axle, OverDrive steerer, 140mm travel

Though having just got one, you'd know better

overdrive, not overdrive2.

overdrive = standard tapered.

aaaahhhh, thanks

Just never heard of it referred to as Overdrive

It is only a drawback if you buy the wrong length steerer surely???

Get it right and it should be fine, or am I missing something?

aaaahhhh, thanks

Just never heard of it referred to as Overdrive

It is a nice marketing tool to make it sound like the other marketing ploy being the "2" part was not really very successful, so now it sounds the same, but is not the same.

It is only a drawback if you buy the wrong length steerer surely???

Get it right and it should be fine, or am I missing something?

No. Basically the fork, headset and stem on a OD2 bike are OD2 specific.

It means that if you want to upgrade the (average) stock fork, you will need to buy a new headset and stem as well (R1500 or so). The stock fork will also have bugger all resale value as its only compatible OD2 headsets and stems. No one is going to buy into OD2 now that Giant has done away with it.

Archived