2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

Get a 650B Trance to ride in the meantime :ph34r: (BIASED I am)

No bias needed to make that recommendation. Everyone knows it's better than the Trance 29.

Okay, okay... I'm biased too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is an option, or buy both, I wish!! Guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Santa Cruz is also an option

Went for a longer ride yesterday.

• From Hout Bay over Chappies,
  • Up Ou Wa Pad to Silvermine. 
  • Played in Tokai a bit
  • Then back to Hout Bay

This bike climbs as well as any bike I've ever ridden. SO happy I have her.

Obligatory Chapmans Peak stop.

post-3441-0-34671100-1415608063_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I have a question for the trance fans.  I've been after a trance for a while now. Im now faced with a decision. I have 3 options :

• A demo model 2014 trance 2 (3k less than the new price) But its a medium.
  • A new 2014 trance 2 (3k more than the demo ) in Large
  • or a 2015 trance 2 (4k more than the demo trance 2) in large.

Im about 1.79m tall. sizing guide says medium. my LBS recommends a large. Rode the medium around the parking lot and the size feels fine. Im currently on a medium anthem x as my xc bike.

The demo model would be much kinder on the pocket but im undecided. I kinda like the new colour scheme.

What would you do and why?

Ok, so I have a question for the trance fans.  I've been after a trance for a while now. Im now faced with a decision. I have 3 options :

• A demo model 2014 trance 2 (3k less than the new price) But its a medium.
  • A new 2014 trance 2 (3k more than the demo ) in Large
  • or a 2015 trance 2 (4k more than the demo trance 2) in large.

Im about 1.79m tall. sizing guide says medium. my LBS recommends a large. Rode the medium around the parking lot and the size feels fine. Im currently on a medium anthem x as my xc bike.

The demo model would be much kinder on the pocket but im undecided. I kinda like the new colour scheme.

What would you do and why?

Can't tell you what to do, but I'm 1.82m and on a Medium. Would like to try a Large to see if it's better, but happy as I am.

just wondering if its worth spending more for the 2015 model

I would say the 2015 model, mainly for Giant moving back to the normal tapered steerer that most other bikes come with - easier to change the stem and fork if you need to. And the brakes on the 2015 are better (m615 vs m447/505). (and I also prefer the looks)

HMMMM..Thanx for that. I was kinda edging towards the 2015 ( and really like the colour) just needed a reason to spend the little extra. I have option to upgrade the breaks for an extra R700 to slx. but that's pretty close to the m615 isn't it?

What sizing are you guys preferring? Im on the border of M and L

OD2 is not quite an insurmountable obstacle - to switch my 2014 Trance to regular OD I had to buy the top half of a headset and a new (regular size) stem - the stem I wanted to get upgrade from stock anyway.

Yeah but...

A fork upgrade becomes even more expensive as you need headset and stem as well. Plus the stock fork has no resale value since its od2. Rather just spend the extra 1000 and get the improved stock fork, better resale value, no more od2, brakes etc.

I reckon the Trance gets the hub prize for mtb of the year , just for being the most discussed bike on the hub. 50 pages and counting. must be a record surely!

Sure I'll vote it the "Hub bike of the year". Just had a quick 2 hours of fun in Tokai, and it hoes like a bomb! Both up and down! No bike beats it in the fun for your money department! I've been on it now for a bit more than 6 months and still enjoying every minute.

Edit: Of course that's supposed to read Goes like a bomb, but the Hoes like a bomb just works so well....... ;)

Congrats man. Trance with a Pike is a deadly combo. The Pike is such an epic fork I absolutely love mine. 

I recently rode a new Fox 36 and while it was great I certainly didn't think it was any better than a Pike. Especially considering its like 400$ more expensive...

Archived