2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Faaark that's hot

Is it wrong that I'm contemplating selling the bike that has not arrived yet to build up one like this? And then I kid myself by thinking "well, I already have a spare wheelset"! Yeah, like that's going to save $$$! For more pics and to ask yourself questions like "what have I done with my life" have a look here.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Girthbikes,12517/setup,25155

Is it wrong that I'm contemplating selling the bike that has not arrived yet to build up one like this? And then I kid myself by thinking "well, I already have a spare wheelset"! Yeah, like that's going to save $$$! For more pics and to ask yourself questions like "what have I done with my life" have a look here.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Girthbikes,12517/setup,25155

I want its babies.

But yes It is wrong. Do that with the reign. Thank me later.

• 2 weeks later...

My chain guide came loose somehow, while in the Matroosberg Mountains. I found the front cover and the 2 pulley gears the next day, but I assume there are some spacers or washers that I missed/lost. Anyone know the size of these on a Trance? Back, middle and front... Anyway, taking it in for it's first service. Might get them to sort it out.

my forks on my trance seem a bit sticky. when i lean on the handlebars just standing next to the bike they dont slide down smoothly. I popped the top seal off and the foam washers inside have plenty of lube on them.  any good advice to fix this ???

There is a solution. A bloody good one...

http://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=452

Use it in the lowers only... It's even slicker when used on kashima,

• 2 weeks later...

My chain guide came loose somehow, while in the Matroosberg Mountains. I found the front cover and the 2 pulley gears the next day, but I assume there are some spacers or washers that I missed/lost. Anyone know the size of these on a Trance? Back, middle and front... Anyway, taking it in for it's first service. Might get them to sort it out.

I can tell you when I get home. Mine completely seized up over the holiday and I had to remove it trailside :(

I think I prefer riding without it. There is less noise and I have had zero chain problems.... :)

I can tell you when I get home. Mine completely seized up over the holiday and I had to remove it trailside :(

I think I prefer riding without it. There is less noise and I have had zero chain problems.... :)

Cool. Thanks. I really want to keep mine on. At the moment it's off and chain has come off twice already. Did you take the whole bracket off too?

Cool. Thanks. I really want to keep mine on. At the moment it's off and chain has come off twice already. Did you take the whole bracket off too?

You may just have to remove a chain link or two

Anyone know where/how to touch up some small scratches on my 2014 trance?

Black frame equals Black permanent marker

Archived