2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

Copied from the site

basically. stock shock is actualy 7.875x2.25 but travel is limited internally.. so if you take air out of the shock and bottom out the shock it bottoms out at 2" stroke.

i ran float x 7.875x2.25 before i sold the bike and it didn't touch anything on bottom out.

on the upside, you get more travel out of your trance

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also drove out with one, as you drove in (I think it was you)...

I saw someone leaving with one just as I got there, must have been you. I also saw another couple that each had one...  

Dam that place was packed on Sat, even the upper parking area was full, I had to park all the way up the hill by some old garage/car port looking things...

Heres what the inside looks like:

post-51814-0-66622700-1424077107_thumb.jpg

The white ring at the top with the gap is the air volume spacer on the shock (could be black also but will look something like that...

I checked my shock on my 2014 Trance and it did not have the spacer upbove the steel disk...

Changes the ramp up of the shock:

"Suspension tuners separate the sag and spring-rate functions of an air shock by changing the volume of its air can. Reducing the volume of the air chamber causes the air pressure to ramp up quickly, so the spring pressure can be set low, allowing more suspension sag without risking harsh bottoming. A larger-volume air can ramps up less at full compression, but the shock will sag less because more volume requires significantly higher starting pressures to prevent bottoming at full compression. Fox’s internal spacers allow riders to change the volume of the air spring and fine-tune the spring rate of the shock" - PB

My bad... thought it was a travel limiter...

Heres what the inside looks like:

attachicon.gifp4pb6703309.jpg

The white ring at the top with the gap is the limiting spacer on the shock (could be black also but will look something like that...

I checked my shock on my 2014 Trance and it did not have the spacer upbove the steel disk...

Sorry, you are mistaken there.

That is the air volume spacer. It changes the air volume and therefore the progressiveness of the shock.

My 2014 came with that one, I put in a bigger one.

Unfortunately you can't change the stroke of that shock.

Sorry, you are mistaken there.

That is the air volume spacer. It changes the air volume and therefore the progressiveness of the shock.

My 2014 came with that one, I put in a bigger one.

Unfortunately you can't change the stroke of that shock.

Fixed my post - :ph34r: my bad  :blush:  -  can clearly see the spacer sitting above the top collar also so will have no effect on the amount of travel.

Point is that the 2014 Trance CTD rear I did not find anything changing the amount of travel or that it is limited in its stroke with a spacer thats easily removed...

Eventually had time to wash and show off my bike after riding through crap(ruptured sewerage pipe along the ride) in the week. LBS is selling Trances at a steady speed, becoming a really popular bike down here.

post-58202-0-12681700-1424446030_thumb.jpg

Here is my Trance 2 with some upgrades. Loving every second on it!since the pic I put a stealth dropper aswel making it even better!

post-36757-0-04462300-1424957323_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-72788900-1424957446_thumb.jpg

Here is my Trance 2 with some upgrades. Loving every second on it!since the pic I put a stealth dropper aswel making it even better!

what rims and hubs you running there ??

great looking ride there!!

Archived