Help, my Garmin died !

eddy

i stopped my Garmin510 after 94.7 and saved the ride. All normal.

Riding back to my car it gave usual auto switch off message and switched itself off.

Now i can't get it to switch back on, and when I plug it to my laptop, it does not turn on or get picked up.

I have tried plugging it into the charger, but no luck.

Has anybody seen this and is there a solution?

Do a re-set on the unit by holding the 3 buttons simultaneously. This has happend on my 510 after about 2 weeks of having it.

i had the same thing, i think it may have had something to do with an update via internet. I send it back on warranty and they replaced it without a question. edge 500

edge 500 speed and cadence sensor pack up day before 94.7.... and foreunner 210 HR sensor packed up as well. back to Garmin I go...

seem to be spending more and more time at garmin offices....

Thx Guys, I know what would happen if I sent it in- I'd lose my 94.7 ride details.

I googled a fix and it worked. It goes like this :

Plug the unit into mains power;

press and hold the top left corner of the touch screen;

at the same time, press and release the Power button, whilst still holding the left corner of the screen;

Wait for it to turn on and display my sub 3 !

It is a type of partial reboot that retains the exercises on the device. Quite useful.

Ordered my edge 500 this morning. This thread is not good news for me.........................

The 500 is brilliant, you have nothing to worry about. Just check for a software update when you get it.

Well done sir!

On the sub 3 with a scratch, not the computer thingymajig fix....... those computers just complicate things a lot and take the focus away from what is important. But then maybe I am just a caveman bike rider.....

i stopped my Garmin510 after 94.7 and saved the ride. All normal.

Riding back to my car it gave usual auto switch off message and switched itself off.

Now i can't get it to switch back on, and when I plug it to my laptop, it does not turn on or get picked up.

I have tried plugging it into the charger, but no luck.

Has anybody seen this and is there a solution?

Buy something decent next time - the Chinese will be coming out with a Guangdon soon :whistling:

My 705 refused to boot up a few times. I eventually removed the SD card and cleaned it before refitting it. Fixed the problem straight away.