94.7 Father & Daughter ride

Hector

How many other dads rode with their daughter? We finished in 4h48, I rode on a Stumpjumper full sus and my daughter rode on a Merida 904 road bike. It was a great ride, I am 53 and my daughter is 25.

i hope one day i can say the same for both my girls,,,WELL DONE

I do nearly all my training and racing with my daughter, on Sunday we did 2.52 at the 94.7 ~ in fact she beat me by 6 seconds.

She's 18, I'm 51. We've been riding together for the last three years.

If she keeps this up, I'm going to need to find a slower riding partner, or new legs.

I did the 15km MTB ride with my girls. 13 and 17. I rode with my 13 yr old and my 17 yr old rode with two of her mates. They took about 45min longer than my youngster and I, moaned about the hills and the heat and how long it was-they have bother ridden further but they forget that when they moan. Lots of fun and I'm glad I missed all c*ap on the 55km race.

Edited by Pusher

One of my dreams since I've started riding (2.5 years ago) is to get my dad back on the bike (he use to be a good road and track cyclist early 70's).

This year the dream just sliped further away with him having a stroke in January and tearing all his muscles in his calf (freak accident) 6 weeks ago and the doctors just say he has to wait it out. (So dont know how long it will be for him to just be able to walk normaly again).

He was up here visiting for the weekend and I took him with to the Dirt Jumping session on Friday afternoon and also to the expo and number collection on Saturday .....this is how he made it around there:

post-24697-0-83132000-1384953802_thumb.jpg

(bad quality cause I was moving etc)

Have tandem, have daughter, have to wait 9 years before I she's old enough to ride with me.

Two of my club mates rode tandems with their daughter. One a 2:40, the other more social , just over 4 hours.

I was supposed to do it with my daughter. We separated before the start. She did a 3:46, I did a 3:58

I had one of the nicest rides I've ever had doing the 94.7 this year with my 14 year old daughter . Both on MTB's with knobbies . Finished in just under 4 hours ( I was lank proud of her ). It was the first time she ever rode more than 60 kay's and she enjoyed it the whole way .She was also really impressed with the amount of friendly cyclists that participated .It was fantastic bonding time for us !

I did my first one with my dad ( I'm a guy though) but it was great. He dropped back to start with me, he punctured :thumbdown: but we finished in 03:48. I was 25 he was 54.

We did the ofm together that year as well. It was my first year of cycling. Now I race alone because he doesn't want to keep me back as I'm much quicker. He also lives in the Free State, the flat part. They have wind but none of the steep stuff

I love riding with my dad. Every time I go down we try squeeze a ride in.

Did with my daughter on a loaned old Tandem (was it a Zini?) when she was in matric. It was exam time & fortunately all went well as SHMBO would have been quite pizzed if it interrupted the exam.

Was best road ride/race ever. Subsequent one I did was quite boring, so maybe next year try getting a spannetjie together to ride for the Freedom Challenge Scholarship Fund or something like that.

Put a HRM on her just so I could check up & to make sure that she wasn't just ringing the bell & enjoying herself too much :)

This year a mate of mine did it on the same tandem with his son.

Tandems rock

I was supposed to do it with my daughter. We separated before the start. She did a 3:46, I did a 3:58

She binned you mate!

:-)

My biggest dream was to ride with my dad and we still said that the 94.7 this year was the year that we would ride together. Also just to mention i'm a guy. He was a cycist his whole life and extremely fit, however he had a heart attack a few years back and had to go for a heart bypass.

This of course scared him from getting back onto the bike and he started keeping himself busy with other hobbies and stuff but slowly got back into cycling... this is when i said i'd ride with him (never having cycled before myself) so i started cycling towards the end of last year.

He sadly passed away last year November, but i kept on cycling and started doing well.... and still rode the 94.7 in memory of him. I managed to come in at 2h:28m. The picture shows my kit that i had made for the day... this will now be framed.

Hayleyearth

I'm interested to know what your dad's name is as my dad was also very involved in road and track racing around the 70's/80's

post-39341-0-80070000-1385016702_thumb.jpg

Edited by SurferChild

Did it with my daughter on an old Trek Tandem 8 speed. We did a 4.14 and she was a superstar. This was probably my best 94.7 ever. I am 55 and she is 20. Our next goal is Ironman 2015

My biggest dream was to ride with my dad and we still said that the 94.7 this year was the year that we would ride together. Also just to mention i'm a guy. He was a cycist his whole life and extremely fit, however he had a heart attack a few years back and had to go for a heart bypass.

This of course scared him from getting back onto the bike and he started keeping himself busy with other hobbies and stuff but slowly got back into cycling... this is when i said i'd ride with him (never having cycled before myself) so i started cycling towards the end of last year.

He sadly passed away last year November, but i kept on cycling and started doing well.... and still rode the 94.7 in memory of him. I managed to come in at 2h:28m. The picture shows my kit that i had made for the day... this will now be framed.

Hayleyearth

I'm interested to know what your dad's name is as my dad was also very involved in road and track racing around the 70's/80's

nice one man. really cool shirt and memory.