LBS: We have a 5 % handling fee on returns.

lone.*

I made a mistake on a order from cwc , they had no issues with replacement... Excellent service ... I was totally At fault.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one got upset when i asked him to match cycle labs pricing... On a tyre.

For real? Do you go to Spar and ask them to match the Checkers price on a packet of marie biscuits?

Douchenozzle move bro.

Edited by Cellar

For real? Do you go to Spar and ask them to match the checkers price on a packet of marie biscuits? Douchenozzle move bro.

Well, most shops will do that? Not just bike shops but most retailers will....

If he wants to have me spend my money with him, he should be willing to match a price found elsewhere? Surely that makes almost all the business sense in the world?

Legal or not, it's a douche bag move...

This is why places like cycle lab will really succeed with the corporate backing... At least there you know you won't feel like you're in a lbs, but won't get the stupid crap like you do at some of the lbs around.

Out of the 10 shops I've visited in jhb, walked straight out of 3 thanks to them glancing in my direction as i walked in,then carried on thier conversation to thier mates...

Another one got upset when i asked him to match cycle labs pricing... On a tyre. I ended up at cycle lab anyway (where i absolutely loathe spending money).

Unfortunately it seems most lbs owners nowadays dont care for less seasoned riders who perhaps dont have 40k to drop on a whim.... I get a whiff of "i was once a pro so the cycle world owes me" kinda feeling.

Abd thats why i refuse to support them as far as i possibly can...

Cycle Lab charges you the 5% handling fee before you have even taken the part out the shop because they are 10-15% more expensive than other cycle shops.

I feel if you did not take the crank as well as your frame into the shop so that the assistant can actually check if all parts fit then it's your mistake because you could have given him the wrong info. You might have tried to force the bb into the frame and damage the part and then you return it and they lose money because of your negligence.

I get CPA and "the customer is king" BUT people abuse that right/term and that is why they charge 5%.

Edited by Hennie VR

Just a quick question.

Did you pay by credit card and they gave you cash back ?

And a very good question at that.

Well, most shops will do that? Not just bike shops but most retailers will....

If he wants to have me spend my money with him, he should be willing to match a price found elsewhere? Surely that makes almost all the business sense in the world?

I'll try it at my Spar later and let you know. My hunch though, is that they'll tell me to f* off to Checkers then.

Guest DieBees

CPA wouldn't apply here since in this case it only covers the return of defective goods. The owner can make whatever policy he wants about returning non-defective goods. He could quite legally refuse to take them back at all.

This is not correct... Read the CPA and reconsidder your statement...

Last Friday I bought an press fit bb set not knowing you get them for SRAM and Shimano in different sizes.

Who was going to install this BB ?

You ?

If you can't understand that Sram and Shimano use two different standards, rather get your LBS to do the work for you.

I made a mistake on a order from cwc , they had no issues with replacement... Excellent service ... I was totally At fault.

Haha ... I have heard this a couple of times.

Client orders item online.

Phones when he gets the parcel.

"This is not what I wanted, you sent me the wrong stuff"

Lets check your order, nope that is what YOU chose sir!

You pick your own items online, you see them in your basket, you see it at checkout, you confirm the items you chose when paying ... but it is not what you wanted? You confirmed 4 times that you did not what this item?

Hmmm ... would have thought online shopping will eliminate human error it doesnt seem so.

For real? Do you go to Spar and ask them to match the Checkers price on a packet of marie biscuits?

Douchenozzle move bro.

Why not, not for a packet of Marie Biscuits though, but why not ask if they will match someone else's price or hell even better it.

Douchenozzle comment bro :whistling:

Why not, not for a packet of Marie Biscuits though, but why not ask if they will match someone else's price or hell even better it.

Douchenozzle comment bro :whistling:

I was presented with some outstanding - not as is in remarkable, but rather unpaid :blush: - bills at my local pub the other day. I jokingly asked the manager: "Is that your best price?" She laughed, ripped two of them up, and I paid for the others.

This is not correct... Read the CPA and reconsidder your statement...

I did. I'd say my statement still applies.

Perhaps if he communicated the need for a very specific XT crank (year, size, diameter etc.), or brought the actual crank in, he could try returning it as unfit for purpose. It is unclear whether he did this or just said he needed one for an XT crank.

Aside from the grey areas of unfit for purpose, I don't see how the CPA places any obligation on the supplier to accept the return.

I am not a lawyer and my CPA knowledge is based on curiosity and a lot of reading. If it's inaccurate, please give me a specific reason why so I can learn further.

Edited by The Anteater

If the shop policy is 5% on returns, which the owner waives upon complaint, then I don't see the problem. To me, it sounds like a case of hypersensitivity on the part of the customer.

Then, my other hub favourite ~ the CPA. Every second post refers to this or that being covered by the CPA, as if it is a magic bullet, which it isn't.

Claiming against a supplier based on some or other clause in the CPA will be a long, frustrating and probably very expensive procedure when time and effort are taken into account.

I have not heard of a single person who has successfully claimed something from a supplier using the CPA.

Haha ... I have heard this a couple of times. Client orders item online. Phones when he gets the parcel. "This is not what I wanted, you sent me the wrong stuff" Lets check your order, nope that is what YOU chose sir! You pick your own items online, you see them in your basket, you see it at checkout, you confirm the items you chose when paying ... but it is not what you wanted? You confirmed 4 times that you did not what this item? Hmmm ... would have thought online shopping will eliminate human error it doesnt seem so.

ha ha ha...there is still no medicine for stupidity!!

AND humams are prone to make errors!! The real question is...WHO will be paying for that?