Intense Tracer Build Up

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

So first ride impressions. I have no idea how to set up the rp23 on the bike. I think the rebound was a bit fast and the shock was a bit hard but I didn't want to fiddle too much cos i didn't have a shock pump on me. I'm not tood stressed tho cos the RP23 is coming off anyway.

The bike feels sooooo composed in the air tho. hit that step up double out of the quarry into my roots at Tokai a few times and the bike feels great in the air. just super neutral like my DHR.

Guest Omega Man

So the first weekend of riding is done. I haven't figured out the RP23 but I'm not too stressed cos it's going on the Reign that I've provisionally sold. The DHX that's going on will give me more of a Coil Shock feeling that I like.

The build quality is amazing. I love the look of the spray job. It's called works black. They start with a works raw frame and do a light dusting of black. They then do several coats of clear to give it depth. From far it looks gun metal grey. You can see all of the imperfections through the powder coating which is awesome.

On to the riding. The bike seems to climb tech stuff really well which I really like and coming down it's mega fun. On jumps it feels nice and neutral like my DH bike and in the tight corners it feels awesome. The only let down to be honest is the the fatty fleshy bit on the top of the bike.

Still to come is the 1x10 drive train and the correct wheel which doesn't weigh a ton so the bike should lose another 1 1/2 - 2kg

post-18968-0-56289500-1386524647_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-68264300-1386524661_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

Too SICK...!!!

On my RP23 I switch it to setting 3 on the pro pedal (the stiffest) and pump it quite hard (about 5-10% sag). I find that from there if I use position 2 (med stiffness) or 1(softest) they give me around 25 to 35% sag respectively.

Guest Omega Man

I might have accidentally tripped and bought some Mavic Crossmax Wheels.

I can confirm that there are only 2 words to describe mega's bike and the paint finish. F×××××× hot!!!

I must concur :drool: Works black is the new black. Nice looking build there :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

The only Mavics that should be on that bike should be of the Yellow rim variety.

WTF are you doing up at 4.46?

Guest Omega Man

Also have a nice sprocket amd shim waiting for you

Jees. Sorry dude I've been hectic at work. Please it's sold I'm taking it.