Tokai Volunteer build day - 07 Dec, 9am

(Deon)

A few requests for an earlier start to the day will have some of us rubbing sleep from our eyes at 9am! :blush:

Roots is the trail getting the last of 2013 volunteer love. This is a good one as it's the last trail before exiting where we can top up on berm railing, zig-zagging, drop-off flying satisfaction. The aim is to reshape the existing line and possibly add a few goodies into the trail to make it that much better. What we build is what we ride, let's make it a good one with a good turnout!

The day will again be supported by PnP Steenberg providing lunch. Not sure what is on the menu but if it is anything like the last offering, I am so looking forward to working up a hunger.

Could I ask volunteers please indicate if they can make it, this will help with catering.

Remember, 9am, Roots trail. If you miss the shuttle, it's the lowest trail on the right of Fairie Garden, so it's not far to walk/ride.

Hope to see you guys and girls there.

Bring water, gloves, sunscreen, rake/spade if you have.. and humour is essential.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry dudes, can't make it...

Bummer.. hey sounds like we are on for the 1st btw ;)

As per the other thread count me and Ben in.

Rad x2!

Edited by Pain or shine

A lot of work done there today and when I ducked around three there were still some hardy souls beavering away. Its always nice to see enthusiastic people working to make a difference.

Edited by marko35s

Sounds like you got some work done!

Was working again as usual, but have the first weekend off next month so if we build Jan I'll be there.

Edited by Alouette3

We'll done guys, appreciate the effort you make

[...and just saw the wave of tweets around your successful morning ride! Well done TMB, keep the energy!]

Sounds like you got some work done!

Was working again as usual, but have the first weekend off next month so if we build Jan I'll be there.

Saw you overhead.. several times! :thumbup:

Two berms, one tabled jump, countless stumps removed, loads of sweat!

post-13110-0-00532400-1386500649_thumb.jpg

I like finding a berm under the tree, even though it is early! :clap:

Will hopefully see you up there this week, with a bike between your legs!

Just hope the rather obvious closure of the trail was adhered to! Otherwise it could be a case of patching up those changes we just did thanks to a few ungrateful and ignorant bastardos!