[Event] MTN NATIONAL MTB SERIES #2 Sabie

Tim_Fair

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SH#t our lift and accommodation is gone. . .does anybody know where we can "slaan ons tent op" in Sabie for the weekends race?? Don't want to miss this!!!!!

We have accomodation for you please send me a PM to get more details!!

Hi guys looking for some help, I really wanted to do the marathon but the website would not let me choose a catergory so couldn't enter. So I just ended up entering the half marathon as it let me do that. I fear this has something to do with my age but I am turing 19 this year so not in the junior catergory anymore so as far as I know I should be allowed to race the marathon? I tried to get hold of advendurance for some help but they only have a messaging system for contact that I can find. I sent them a message yesterday morning but still have not got a response, does anyone have a telephone number I could contact them on?

Hi guys looking for some help, I really wanted to do the marathon but the website would not let me choose a catergory so couldn't enter. So I just ended up entering the half marathon as it let me do that. I fear this has something to do with my age but I am turing 19 this year so not in the junior catergory anymore so as far as I know I should be allowed to race the marathon? I tried to get hold of advendurance for some help but they only have a messaging system for contact that I can find. I sent them a message yesterday morning but still have not got a response, does anyone have a telephone number I could contact them on?

Contact them on twitter and facebook as well. They usually respond there

Contact them on twitter and facebook as well. They usually respond there

Ok thanks will give that a try

We still have a spot or two open on the Maniyak bus - R1200 per person, camping (own tents), food and transport included, as well as bike wash in Pta on Monday :D

Hey Riaan are you doing the marathon? Would be great to see you get some revenge on the Mamba after Sabie X!

You are still a junior this year, works on your age at the beginning of the year

i entered with my uci number.. won't be in the country but it'd be nice to try to qualify for the world champs. no idea how big the field will be though!

I shall cheer you on from wherever I am .. give it gas. Rain.. mud.. almost like home for you ;)

Seeded in B for marathon and A for half-marathon.

Big aim of a sub-4 hour marathon.

As for downhill from halfway - if only! You are so shattered from Mamba and the continual climbing to the little cottages that you end up checking your tyres all the time because it feels like you have a permanent flat.

I didn't mind the heat too much last year. I'm more weary of it being wet. Especially considering there is a tropical storm between Mozambique and Madagascar at the moment.

Seeded in B for marathon and A for half-marathon.

Big aim of a sub-4 hour marathon.

As for downhill from halfway - if only! You are so shattered from Mamba and the continual climbing to the little cottages that you end up checking your tyres all the time because it feels like you have a permanent flat.

I didn't mind the heat too much last year. I'm more weary of it being wet. Especially considering there is a tropical storm between Mozambique and Madagascar at the moment.

Forecast still shows 9mm of rain on Friday, 1.8mm on Sat and 0.5mm on Sunday. Looks like it will be cooler this year.

Listen to Ross here, your climbing is not nearly over at the top of the mamba. There is more to come! :whistling:

Forecast still shows 9mm of rain on Friday, 1.8mm on Sat and 0.5mm on Sunday. Looks like it will be cooler this year.

Listen to Ross here, your climbing is not nearly over at the top of the mamba. There is more to come! :whistling:

I learnt my lesson with Mamba last year. Heart rate went mad on Mamba and never came down for the rest of the day. Will try and pace it better on Saturday

I learnt my lesson with Mamba last year. Heart rate went mad on Mamba and never came down for the rest of the day. Will try and pace it better on Saturday

Same here although mine was sky high already on the neutral section. Never recovered and crawled/limped/cried home. Hope to do better this year.