CAJEES Princess Crossing rip off

AndrewVanZyl

I do not understand why cyclists support them. We all know that their service and prices on bike gear ain't satisfactory, so why do we support them?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I regularly shop at Cajees but I wont make use of their workshop.

Did you speak to Fatima?

Will Fatima give better service or is the manager? Every person from Cajees is suppose to give the same level of service

I do not understand why cyclists support them. We all know that their service and prices on bike gear ain't satisfactory, so why do we support them?

I seem to do OK there, to be honest I have found most things to be cheaper than another LBS that is down the road from them. As with all bike shops you need to do a bit of homework first and have a good idea of what you want and how much it should cost.

Will Fatima give better service or is the manager? Every person from Cajees is suppose to give the same level of service

You are 100% right, all should give the same level of service but it appears not to be working there!

Personally I prefer to deal with Fatima though as she is the manager/owner there.

I use the Krugersdorp Cajees quite a bit and although they dont stock everything that I need, I like going there as they know your name, the wifes name, your bikes name and have always tried to help me, even going as far as lending me tools and making a plan to fix a wheel for me at the last minute on a Saturday before they close.

I seem to do OK there, to be honest I have found most things to be cheaper than another LBS that is down the road from them. As with all bike shops you need to do a bit of homework first and have a good idea of what you want and how much it should cost.

I visit and support a LBS that is passionate about cycling, knows the products and not a bunch of money grabbers. That is my opinion of Cajees. I find the Cajees shops dirty and dark. Maybe it is the blue/gray carpets blended with the blue cupboards. The bike mechanics only know the bare basics about servicing/building a bike.

We all have spent thousands on our pride and joy, are you prepared to take your bike to an amateur for a service/repair, in the "hope" that you will save couple of hundred rands?

The discounts I receive from my LBS is much cheaper than Cajees, why cause I have built a relationship with them.

Cajees does have their place in the market. I classify them in the kid bikes/entry level market and emergency spares like bombs, tubes, tires, cables, etc.

I go to Finish Line Cycles coz the staff ride, know the products and offer advice based on experience ... nuff said!!

But don't you dare expect them to stop a chat amongst themselves to help a customer who's looking for something...

Cagees is simple.

Know what you want, what it costs, and what date it was made. NEVER EVER go in and ask a question, as stated, they know FA. And that's got nothing to do with football.

I particularly don't like princess, simply due to fatimas husband, who is the bald white guy who is there. He's an arrogant asshat who treats people like crap.

The others have mostly decent people in them, and if you know what you want and what it costs, you'll normally get the best deal around.

I never recommend them for a newbie, and the mechanics are fine for the little things...

I've been ripped off by Cagees, and been really ripped off by the Big Boy cycling stores. Today, I avoid Cagees and almost always find myself at Solomon... Good pricing, Good service, and they do know what they're talking about. Workshop isn't great tho, but also fine for the small stuff..

Anybody who takes their bikes to Cajees deserves what they get.

Question is, will you go back ???

BTW as you can read everbody on thehub already knows about Cajees.

Cajees aint a bad shop to go to! Just stick to a few rules! The guys their are salesman and not cyclists! Don't use their workshop! But when you want something and you know what you want! Go their and youl get the best price! Just say cwc has it at Xyz price and see how quik the price drops!

BUT WHY... Should you have to bargain and bargain... WHY CAN THEY NOT BE HONEST WITH THEIR PRICES, INSTEAD OF RIPPING OFF THE INNOCENTS AND NEWBIES... Sharks and that is being polite...

Guest CHRIS001

good Day i have my own workshop called CMC Service Centre if you would like i have two places open for your bike if you would like to get them serviced. look at our web page 2 www.cmcservicecentre.co.za call me on 0788828005

kind regards

christopher Candiotes

@shifter...I didn't really have to bargain the first few times,merely asked for a better price and got it! As for ripping off I disagree,I walked into tony impey last week,they quoted me R1100 for a new XT derailer...walked into cajees greeted and asked what price they could get the same part for and was told plus minus R700 but wud have to call suppliers! So really I dnt feel very ripped off.

BUT WHY... Should you have to bargain and bargain... WHY CAN THEY NOT BE HONEST WITH THEIR PRICES, INSTEAD OF RIPPING OFF THE INNOCENTS AND NEWBIES... Sharks and that is being polite...

I'm with Shifter on this one, advertise it at the price you are willing to sell it for. I walk in see the price and walk out to buy else where. I don't want to bargain for an acceptable price every time I want to buy something , and then feel like they did me a " favour" .

Guess it's a culture thing and works for some people. But I don't like to stand at the counter and ask for a lower price when I know the marked price is way over valued. Last time I went the So who does not know how they operate went with . Afterwards she said she was embarrassed and that I must stop being a cheap skate. But really who will pay R700 for a Maxis 26" MTB tire ?

Why is it always post 1... Come on did u tell the shop u gonna get on the hub and end them? Get real, all LBS besides for cycle lab(they crazy expensive) are the same! U will have a preferred store till they stuff something up on ur bike.

I always get good services from Cajees Bedfordview They know me by my first name. I only had my bike serviced before the 94.7 had to take it back a few time for them to get it right. They have one bike mechanic that have some knowledge the rest are useless.

@shifter...I didn't really have to bargain the first few times,merely asked for a better price and got it! As for ripping off I disagree,I walked into tony impey last week,they quoted me R1100 for a new XT derailer...walked into cajees greeted and asked what price they could get the same part for and was told plus minus R700 but wud have to call suppliers! So really I dnt feel very ripped off.

What did it cost in the end?