Argus entry system sucks donkey bollocks!!!

Cocaine

This Argus entry system sucks! I got online at 12:00 and began my entry process...only to get  through the first couple steps and have page timeout cause of the high load. Now the server is to busy and it wont let me back in... You would think that with the cycle tour expecting a high amount of traffic they would have distributed the load over multiple servers. Its really not that difficult to do especially considering they've had easily 6 months to figure something out. I mean is it really to difficult to ask that they have some foresight and think about the thousands of cyclists trying to enter.

Started way before 12 (at around 10h30 (just took a chance)smiley4.gif) and did a whole batch of entries, no problem. smiley20.gifThe guys entering after 12 is going to struggle!!!

Guest Michelle
Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour Server Too Busy

Due
to the high volume of traffic on the server, we are unable to connect
you at present. Please try again later. See below for a rough guideline
of what times of day (South African time) are best to access this
server.

Peak (avoid if possible):

07:30 - 12:30

High (also avoid if possible):

07:00 - 07:30

13:30 - 16:30

19:00 - 21:30

Low (reasonable access):

06:00 - 07:00

12:30 - 13:30

16:30 - 19:00

21:30 - 23:00

Quiet (fastest access):

23:00 - 06:00 and weekends

We apologise for the inconvenience.

smiley35.gif

Hope they are not hosted by Verizon smiley18.gif

[ Johannesburg, 31 August 2006 ] - Verizon Business's Gallo Manor offices were sealed this morning, and all employees have been locked in, following a court search and seizure order.Sources said this morning that all Verizon's support services are unavailable, and at least two sources have confirmed Verizon employees have had their mobile phones confiscated.

panzies, you should have done it before 12 ai ai, did mine at 11, no problems, what's the hurry anyway, you got months to enter..smiley1.gif

Refresh

Refresh

Refresh

Refresh

Refresh

I think they test your perserverence or will. How much do you really want to do thissmiley36.gif

Okay, took me an hour and now I am in. Just keep refreshing and you get there...

The load on the site was totally forseeable by the organisers, and, having changed the system for this year, some provision could have been made to accommodate the rush.

Will try again when it's dark and people can't use company internet to hang on for the necessary hour to enter.

Keep trying and you too could something like this smiley1.gif

Merchandise:Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour
Amount:R210.00
Budget Period:00
Authorisation:APPROVED

Try this...

Merchandise:Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour
Amount:R210.00
Budget Period:48 MONTHS
Authorisation:APPROVED

Do you really think they care if you can get onto the server and enter - if they miss you, there's a whole lot of folks "queuing" up behind you that they are bound to get.