Cape Epic rider combinations for 2014

Nats mtb

I hear that Alban Lakata ruptured his achilles tendon in a skiing accident. I hope he will recover in time, because he can be a serious podium contender as well.

Defintely out

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also saw about Lakata.

Rabon looks like a contender, cannot see any of the other Spez stalwarts being able to keep up with Sauser.

I'm not sure if Kevin will be riding this year as his main goal is Worlds in April if I am not mistaken.

edit, maybe not April as I cannot find any info regarding XCM in ZA for 2014 unless it isn't worlds. But if you'd like to know, UCI XCM World Champs will be hosted in Austria.

Erm . . . no.

From the Cycling SA website:

UCI Mountain Bike Marathon World Championships heading for the Cascades Mountain Bike Park at the end of June 2014

Well the Bulls are on route to SA as we erm type, def as always will be routing for Karl Platt. As for the SA team that I will support.. def Fedgroup so Brandon and who ever rides with him :)

Any news on Knox, he is back with Ghost hey?

I think the ladies race will really be the race to watch.

I think Ariane will ride with the Swiss girl she rode pioneer with

You are correct, I saw a tweet that she posted saying so ;)

Ariane will ride with Annika Langvad. Are you guys sure about Buys & Schurter? I'm not convinced.

Platt is riding with Huber

Boehme & Stiebjahn

Fluckiger & Naef

Philip is riding with Nino...

You are correct, I saw a tweet that she posted saying so ;)

Ariane & Annika - after seeing them at Pioneer they can go and spend that winners check so long.

Annika is brutal on a bike - Ariane is power but she will just have to hold on to Annika.

Barring any serious crashes - I cant see any ladies team getting even close.

Probably dressed and pressed - hot off the massage table by the time 2nd team gets in.

Philip is riding with Nino...

Are you sure Chunky? I'm asking because surely Philip will try and defend the African jersey and Nino is part of the Swisspower team.

Are you sure Chunky? I'm asking because surely Philip will try and defend the African jersey and Nino is part of the Swisspower team.

Philip told me himself in Dec, so unless something has changed since then, but I doubt it...

I will check with him though.

Philip told me himself in Dec, so unless something has changed since then, but I doubt it...

I will check with him though.

Aaah but can Phillip tail-whip like Nino? ;)

Intersting team, great for Phillip hey.

Almost, but probably not quite hey... Two XC racers, they will try for stage wins on the shorter stages and probably just try have some fun out there - good training!

i have seen Phillip throw a tail whip over that small bridge that crosses the river at fountains. Shat myself for him and then realised what he was doing. The boy has some SERIOUS skills.