Spruit Spade work

Mileage

I want to do some work on the place below. Coming back from Delta its a really cool fast section and you can motor. There is quite a launch but it needs a landing or you get lots of air and then a flat landing. There are two mounds of earth. The second is where my bike is in 2nd pic. It foesnt look much in photos but is quite substantial. We need to move mound 2 and fill it against the launch or some form of double.

Proposing weekend of 5/6July. Would need picks shovels and barrows

post-14281-0-25549000-1403531267_thumb.jpg

post-14281-0-65535500-1403531268_thumb.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what you are thinking Mileage.

But it must be stealthy or the old dog bat will send her gardener to break it down...

When were you planning on doing it?

There looks like there will be enough dirt in the launch to cut the launch down a bit and move that sand over for the landing, possible even a step up type of bump, ill come supervise to make sure you do it right.

There looks like there will be enough dirt in the launch to cut the launch down a bit and move that sand over for the landing, possible even a step up type of bump, ill come supervise to make sure you do it right.

If you guys have a sandbagfull left...

Just around the corner I identified a spot where there is a kicker going over a trench with a nice mound for a landing. Well, we arranged a bit of concrete and a few bricks. It shouldn't take long to complete. Its right next to that pedestrian gate leading to a dead end where Bantam Drive comes down.

I checked on the Jan Smuts trench gap yesterday and the landing is firm. The edges are a bit loose so the trick is to hop a bit left off the launch. It's longer than it was previously but less steep which makes the landing a little bit heavy still and launching up to Jan Smuts more difficult. I will try and build it a bit higher on the weekend.

To all those that do work on the spruit,awesome stuff and thank you...finally got round to riding it today and had an absolute jaul on the jumps,berms,tables,drops except that big gap jump,couldnt bring myself to hit that...either way now I know what all the fuss is about.so thanks to the fairies once again.

Just one question,on jans smuts,that trench is it a step up jump or should we hit it coming down? Felt the kicker to step up wasn't big enough? Or do I just need to suck it up and hit it?

Edited by Tayyib

New bridge in Montgomery Park has been completed.

post-858-0-76942500-1404567226_thumb.jpg

And in a position that won't wash away like the last two. :thumbup: