Spruit Spade work

Mileage

Haven't been out on the river since last Thursday, when it was just a 'little' slippery. Anyone been out this week? Do you need flippers and a wetsuit?

I went out on Sunday from Emmarentia down to Fratelli's and it was a flipping mudbath. Took me 3 TIMES as long as usual just to get DOWN...

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some work was done on the landing at the Jan Smuts gulley today. Please note that there is a gap so don't pedal in from the lower end expecting to just ride over unless you're going really fast. It needs to pack down a bit before using it.

Edited by 1979

There were 2 knobs late this afternoon on mx bikes using your do you even lift your wheels bro jumps as their personal playground.

Hopefully not too much damage was done. I asked them to move along, that motorbikes aren't welcome along the spruit

There were 2 knobs late this afternoon on mx bikes using your do you even lift your wheels bro jumps as their personal playground.

Hopefully not too much damage was done. I asked them to move along, that motorbikes aren't welcome along the spruit

Look like they were about 12? I saw them on friday doing the same thing and told them to get lost too...

Edited by Sidewinder.

Look like they were about 12? I saw them on friday doing the same thing and told them to get lost too...

Is it a little orange scooterbike?

Were they kids on a pit bike? We saw them the previous day as well. That bike was all noise and no cc's.

EDIT: only saw your other replies now.

Edited by 1979

Ja, could be orange/reddish..

The oke was cruising in Delta also the week before last.

Damn kuds!

@1979, we also saw thos 2 kuds on a pitbike near hearlingham, then heading up the bomb hole. By the time we got to the virgin active jump they were there messing around on one of the small gaps there.

They didn't seem to be interested in hitting the main gap jump. (which I'm greatful for as accelerating up that launch would have totally trashed it. And I may have pee'd my pants if they fell... embarrasing for both parties).

Good to see the Jan Smuts launch is back. :thumbup:

Damn kuds!

@1979, we also saw thos 2 kuds on a pitbike near hearlingham, then heading up the bomb hole. By the time we got to the virgin active jump they were there messing around on one of the small gaps there.

They didn't seem to be interested in hitting the main gap jump. (which I'm greatful for as accelerating up that launch would have totally trashed it. And I may have pee'd my pants if they fell... embarrasing for both parties).

Just be wary that the bank on the high side of the Jan Smuts launch is heavily eroded now so if you're planning to bunny hop down to the landing you will need to do it from further than usual. Otherwise the small launch on the top is still useable.

Just be wary that the bank on the high side of the Jan Smuts launch is heavily eroded now so if you're planning to bunny hop down to the landing you will need to do it from further than usual. Otherwise the small launch on the top is still useable.

We'll get those kuds on the pitbike to test it

Damn kuds!

They were hitting it on friday.