Spruit Spade work

Mileage

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice... Can it become part of a spruit ride or to far off track....? Has anyone ever asked delta park if we can build one there...?

If you do the traditional Vida stop in Greenside during your Spruit ride its 100m down the road from there, so easy to fit into a Spruit loop.

Its not that much fun on a dual sus though, but still do-able.

Don't even try start thinking about Delta, the committee is a bunch of stuck in the mud dog walkers, they hate cyclists.

Hard tail.... I need to join some guys to learn the track...... No idea where what is.... Gone down it to find some routes... I start from gorden rd side.... Pity about the dog walkers.... The place is massive....20mx20 won't kill them.... Let's start a riot and burn stuff to show how unhappy we are.....:-)

Did anyone take photo's of any new features that they can post here?

I went past there yesterday afternoon and someone rode it after the rains while it was still very soft. Did try and repair it a bit...

Did anyone take photo's of any new features that they can post here?

Now that you mention it... weren't you meant to be in KZN on Saturday... hey? hey hey?!

hmmmm... <_<

Now that you mention it... weren't you meant to be in KZN on Saturday... hey? hey hey?!

hmmmm... <_<

Hahaha! I was expecting you to ask me that on Saturday!

I had to change my flights to this coming weekend.

Hard tail.... I need to join some guys to learn the track...... No idea where what is.... Gone down it to find some routes... I start from gorden rd side.... Pity about the dog walkers.... The place is massive....20mx20 won't kill them.... Let's start a riot and burn stuff to show how unhappy we are.....:-)

Well, unfortunately for the pedestrians and old ladies who hate other people having fun, they don't own Delta Park. The city does. And more specifically, City Parks manage public spaces. And even more specifically than that, a lady named Ursula Naidoo is the contact person, and her email address is unaidoo@jhbcityparks.com What? You also want her phone number? Telephone : 011 712 6616 And her cell phone? That's pushing it a bit. Not really. Mobile Number : 072 891 7635

Drop her a line and ask her if the City would object to a group of enthusiastic cyclists turning the Spruit into the premier MTB destination in the city. Tell her that they don't have to do anything except give us permission. Then, when the little old ladies come and complain, you show them a City Parks endorsed middle finger...

Well, unfortunately for the pedestrians and old ladies who hate other people having fun, they don't own Delta Park. The city does. And more specifically, City Parks manage public spaces. And even more specifically than that, a lady named Ursula Naidoo is the contact person, and her email address is unaidoo@jhbcityparks.com What? You also want her phone number? Telephone : 011 712 6616 And her cell phone? That's pushing it a bit. Not really. Mobile Number : 072 891 7635

Drop her a line and ask her if the City would object to a group of enthusiastic cyclists turning the Spruit into the premier MTB destination in the city. Tell her that they don't have to do anything except give us permission. Then, when the little old ladies come and complain, you show them a City Parks endorsed middle finger...

And that, people, is how to go about getting approval on City Land. If ONLY it was that easy when it came to Parks!!!

Apparently there was an article in the randburg sun about a planned official cycle route around Delta park, and that it is currently on hold, but will eventually be built.

Anyone read or hear about this?