Cannondale Creaking Seatpost - Flash Alu with Lefty

coi

Hi, hoping for some guidance. Since new I have had some creaking noises on my Cannondale, the most common creak in the headset / steerer has been fixed but now the seatpost is driving me crazy.

Tried a couple of bike shops (which I will not name and shame here) but they either did nothing or made it worse.

Any suggestions please, I did clean properly, applied teflon grease and tightened and the creaks went away only to re-appear again. I have also cleaned and greased the seat rails, seat clamp.

Use carbon specific paste. Torque bolt on clamp and seat rails. Could possibly be your BB , especially if its pressfit.

Hi, hoping for some guidance. Since new I have had some creaking noises on my Cannondale, the most common creak in the headset / steerer has been fixed but now the seatpost is driving me crazy.

Tried a couple of bike shops (which I will not name and shame here) but they either did nothing or made it worse.

Any suggestions please, I did clean properly, applied teflon grease and tightened and the creaks went away only to re-appear again. I have also cleaned and greased the seat rails, seat clamp.

I don't know if this will help, but my seat/seat post (FIZIK Tundra 2 with 2 different seat posts) makes cracking sound. It has been doing this on my last 2 bikes. And the problem is dust and dirt. When I take my bike to the shop, they just clean the seat and whalaaa, no more cracking sounds!

Thanks Cippo, one of the bike shops did suggest carbon paste but just made it worse. I have also had the press fit BB sorted so I know its not that - when I stand up and pedal there is no creaking, when I sit down its back and when I wiggle on the seat it creaks.

Thanks Heinrich, but surely you can't have it cleaned after every ride, I never had this issue with other bikes ???? (Im also running a Tundra 2 with std Cannondale alu post)

I sometimes get a creak from my Gobi, this is where the saddles metal rails go into the plastic ends of the saddle, I just let a drip or two of light oil run down the rails into the plastic ends.

My son's Flash also had a terrible creak coming from the seatpost. I tried everything but nothing helped. As a last resort I cut a couple of mm off the bolts that hold the water bottle cage on the seat tube. Problem solved. It seems that the bolts were rubbing against the seatpost.

I sometimes get a creak from my Gobi, this is where the saddles metal rails go into the plastic ends of the saddle, I just let a drip or two of light oil run down the rails into the plastic ends.

Yes, have had this problem before as well, check your saddle - may be that and not the seatpost.

Having the same issue with my Cannondale System six road bike at the moment, the thing will not stop creaking from the seatpost! Have tried everything...

Not to sound terribly dumb, but couldn’t it be the seat itself?? My bike, Silverback did the same thing, still doing it. turns out its the seat plastic that’s bending slightly under the pressure of the rider....

Thanks guys, I'm gonna try these suggestions 1 by 1 on my day off tomorrow. Will post the outcome, will start with the saddle as that the easiest.

I don't even own a Cannondale but I have the exact same problem. Also gonna just give the seat post & saddle rails a good clean & lube.

I had an issue as well on my BMC

turned out to be my rear wheel was slightly lose and one turn it was sorted

Can be anything from the rear Derailleur to the seat it self