[Event] Hex Valley Autumn Splendour MTB

Hexpas

All my results show on Racetec, Even though I am not a member of PPA for the past three/four years. Just ride with your transponder. Your time will still be logged and maybe it will show. But one day when you become a member, everything will show.

You somehow have luck on your side, because for all local Fun rides, it clearly states on the website that only paid up members of the PPA will have their results shown on Racetec, the Argus tour is a completely different story as you have people from all around the country and world taking part that obviously cannot be PPA members, same with the Knysna Oyster festival, but in these cases, if you dont have a transponder you wont have your time.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You somehow have luck on your side, because for all local Fun rides, it clearly states on the website that only paid up members of the PPA will have their results shown on Racetec, the Argus tour is a completely different story as you have people from all around the country and world taking part that obviously cannot be PPA members, same with the Knysna Oyster festival, but in these cases, if you dont have a transponder you wont have your time.

Not sure about this as one can enter as a non PPA member and not qualify for the discount. I don't see why they would further hamper you by not timing. As far as I know PPA use racetec to time, as could any other event.

I agree, you already pay more it's unethical not to give your time if you have a transponder.

I can understand no transponder no time.

You might be right here. I checked my results again and the PPA results that is showing is for events that I have done while I was a member. I haven't done any PPA events when I was not a mamber.

Not sure about this as one can enter as a non PPA member and not qualify for the discount. I don't see why they would further hamper you by not timing. As far as I know PPA use racetec to time, as could any other event.

Its a life long debate to say the least,...it frustrates even us as paid up members, cos if you think about it, the results shown dont reflect the truth, as you might be in the top ten on Racetec but in reality 15 entrants that are not PPA members could've done a better time than you,...

Its a life long debate to say the least,...it frustrates even us as paid up members, cos if you think about it, the results shown dont reflect the truth, as you might be in the top ten on Racetec but in reality 15 entrants that are not PPA members could've done a better time than you,...

Yeah this doesn't really effect me ... :blush:

Sounds like the DH areas are quite rutted and rocky. Hopefully be there - all dependent on the health

I only see rain late on Saturday night so should be dry, does anyone know how the seeding works as im not PPA, will I need to start at the back? :ph34r:

This has been discussed ad nauseum but I really have mixed feelings about PPA's involvement in mtb races.

Only half the field getting timed and starting off in little groups of 10 riders when the first 10km-20km is all district roads / jeeptrack is just stupid.

I started to doing more Amarider events to avoid my PPA frustrations and then ironically PPA started to use Amarider event times for seeding so suddenly I found myself with a much improved seeding and no more waiting around for an extra half hour to start so I'm back doing some PPA rides for now (and not really caring about my "official" time)..

I have a spare spot if anyone needs/wants to share a lift and petrol/toll costs. I will be coming home straight after the race and hope to be back in Cape Town before 2pm

Im coming from the CBD

Ok, so I wont be winning on Sat, got to work! Soos ek dit verstaan kan n non-PPA member win, just got to take out a temp seeded number on the day. I might be totaly wrong, but last year I think Louis Brestler rode on a temp seeded number! You still have to wear your chip!

O, my money is on BrandonF on that black GT 1 x 10! How do the Gautengers put it, "GOOI MIELIES!!!"

You've already lost your money, I want to finish in 8hours....this is the 100miler forum, right? :-)

Wil I be needing a light for the tunnel section?

No, def not. You dont want to see whats inside it, believe me. :whistling: They put up rows of candles which you must follow, very very slowly. As one is not allowed to speed in the tunnel, due to the dust disturbing the bats, also a safety issue in my book. Its very interesting and a little scary at the same time.

so long as it isn't like the mankele bush tunnel. i followed my friend through there and thought id get decapitated

so long as it isn't like the mankele bush tunnel. i followed my friend through there and thought id get decapitated

Its hundred m and with the sun from the front it iluminates the rock walls. the smell of bat piss is way worse!