A Typical Saturday on Strava

Agteros

When they talk about "speedbumps"... My question is, would hooking a truck for a portion of your ride be sufficient to get your ride canned? Even though you worked real hard to get and stay behind the truck for some km?

That said, I really appreciate your link, it not only explains this cheating thing, but for explains what strava is. Thank you.

No it shouldn't but if it is ventures into unbelievable territory then your ride could get flagged. I am not going into a general debate on drafting trucks, etc though ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going into a general debate on drafting trucks, etc though ;)

Yeah, for sure. But there is just a sweet little climb out of town and so many heavy trucks heading out, it'd be a crime not to...

No it shouldn't but if it is ventures into unbelievable territory then your ride could get flagged. I am not going into a general debate on drafting trucks, etc though ;)

We all get lucky now and again....

the worst thing about strava is getting a whole lot of KOMs on holiday, then seeing the notifications come in of how people "friends" are steeling them and you arent there to defend them haha

fixed

Ya, its the sun shining on all the glass on the road.

Roads where very glassy yesterday. At least my tyres made it unscathed back home!

Roads where very glassy yesterday. At least my tyres made it unscathed back home!

Also saw it - glass everywhere and cradle cycle lanes need sweeping again. Sand (and glass)

Gee. Sorry. Ask a simple question.

I use either endomondo or myTracks to keep a record of my training. Is strava a similar tool?

(actually, of late I only use myTracks.)

No, Strava is a whole lot of tools.

Also saw it - glass everywhere and cradle cycle lanes need sweeping again. Sand (and glass)

If you head from Malibongwe towards Kloofzicht, there's diesel spilt on the corner by the Satellite dish, in the entrance to the circle in the dip before Glenburn (looks like both sides), then a lot of glass in the cycle lane about 1-1.5km from Kloofzicht (saw it on Sat already, still quite a bit there today), looks like diesel both sides of the Kloofzicht circle as well, take care in those corners!

If you head from Malibongwe towards Kloofzicht, there's diesel spilt on the corner by the Satellite dish, in the entrance to the circle in the dip before Glenburn (looks like both sides), then a lot of glass in the cycle lane about 1-1.5km from Kloofzicht (saw it on Sat already, still quite a bit there today), looks like diesel both sides of the Kloofzicht circle as well, take care in those corners!

Eish. Diesel on tar is evil, evil, evil. May as well be an oil slick.

Ja, but now all my stats is on Endomondo!?

And it's also free, except if you buy the better version.

I exported all my endomondo rides to Strava. using Tapirik, one click and all the syncs done automatically, but I see it no longer syncs Endo to Strava. so you have to manually export each ride into strava.

I still run endo cos my BB can't take Strava and then I just export to Strava. so I essentially run both

I just loaded strava, first road out on it. Im addicted :drool: :drool: :drool: . This app is amazing

I exported all my endomondo rides to Strava. using Tapirik, one click and all the syncs done automatically, but I see it no longer syncs Endo to Strava. so you have to manually export each ride into strava.

I still run endo cos my BB can't take Strava and then I just export to Strava. so I essentially run both

will it work from strava to endo?