Aurasan 2014

Speed Racer

This is the rough route the Eddy sent out:

So with a lot of assumptions, I get this: Please view with a pinch of salt!

https://www.google.c...42deaf7!1m0!3e0

Thanks Gary, I thought we were going out past SBR but then I haven't seen the email from Eddy. See you there, I'm in.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been answered before, but i dont seem to see it ,

Can one do say the 100 & 200km on a MTB, or it is a road bike only event / Series?

Yes i know it will be a lot harder to keep the desired pace up and a long lonely ride as one wont be able to keep up with a group and therefore ride by yourself.

I did my first one on an mtb and managed to stay with a group.though they weren't extremely strong.....I'm back in for next week's. very keen!

Awesome. 39 entries received so far :-)

Subscribed for the news letter and e-mails going to participants :thumbup:

A friend told me about these Longer "races" and it sounds like something I would really enjoy...will be joining next year (even end November might be a possibility)...but let's see :clap:

Good luck with this weekend and be safe on the roads!!!

Subscribed for the news letter and e-mails going to participants :thumbup:

A friend told me about these Longer "races" and it sounds like something I would really enjoy...will be joining next year (even end November might be a possibility)...but let's see :clap:

Good luck with this weekend and be safe on the roads!!!

Thanks, Cassie! Look forward to catching you later :-)

Eish!!! Had a appointment this afternoon, so I had to push the pace today. The roughly 170km ITT was tough!! The wind was luckily not that bad!! And the last 10km downhill!!!

Hope everyone was safe!!

Eish!!! Had a appointment this afternoon, so I had to push the pace today. The roughly 170km ITT was tough!! The wind was luckily not that bad!! And the last 10km downhill!!!

Hope everyone was safe!!

Talk about safety - almost got wiped out by an oncoming car passing the last bunch on the Devon stretch!! Hope the driver picked the right finger!!

Talk about safety - almost got wiped out by an oncoming car passing the last bunch on the Devon stretch!! Hope the driver picked the right finger!!

I also almost got wiped out, just before I passed you heading into Devon. You were heading out already. One car overtaking another encroached far into the right lane. I had to leave the tar to avoid him. You must've been 30km ahead at that stage. We took a wrong turn, and did an extra 14km. Still, a 16km lead after 100km lead is incredible What did you average?

I also almost got wiped out, just before I passed you heading into Devon. You were heading out already. One car overtaking another encroached far into the right lane. I had to leave the tar to avoid him. You must've been 30km ahead at that stage. We took a wrong turn, and did an extra 14km. Still, a 16km lead after 100km lead is incredible What did you average?

http://www.strava.com/activities/187996194

The new flyby feature from strava is awsome to see where everybody was during the ride: http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#187870636

Tick everybody you want to see, and the press play.

http://www.strava.co...ities/187996194

The new flyby feature from strava is awsome to see where everybody was during the ride: http://labs.strava.c...ewer/#187870636

Tick everybody you want to see, and the press play.

That is a very cool feature Gary, thanks for sharing - hadn't noticed that one.

Our first WC Audax for 2014 is nearly there organisation wise, just going through last route and cue sheet tweeks with Eddie. 28th Sept, 200km BRM.

Rest of the events will be as per calendar - there'll be a warm welcome for any of you Guateng riders who happen to be down with a bike!

http://audaxsa.co.za/audax-events-in-cape-town/

Huge thanks to all the folks who have helped pull this together.

Well glad that you're ok. Ride avg was 31 kph....

Excuse the ignorance here, but how come in the flyby graph the guys went different routes?

I read some where that the cut off times are 15km/h and max 30km/h. Now what happens if you go faster or does it only mean you cant go slower than 15km/h?

Now what happens if you go faster or does it only mean you cant go slower than 15km/h?

It's all about control open and close times.

If you average below than the minimum (15kmh for events up to 1,000km) then you miss the close time for a control and risk being DQd. I say risk, because there are extenuating circumstances for intermediate controls - if you have a good reason to miss those you may be allowed to continue if it looks likely to can still finish inside the overall cutoff time. From what I have read, those criteria can be a lot stricter in France than here - mechancials due to poor bike maintenance or issues due to poor physical preparation may not be considered as a valid reason. Helping at accidents or injured fellow riders will. In the UK I know they are a bit more relxed about allowing you to continue if you miss a control cut-off in the middle.

The 30km/h is what dictates the control opening times. If you average above that the controls won't be open. You won't be DQd, but you will have to sit and wait for the control to open to get your card signed. Of course that can be sleep or eating time, so it may not bother you at all.

Archived