Aurasan 2014

Speed Racer

If I'm not on my hardtail for these rides, I drop the pressure on my normal 23's to about 6 Bar for a more comfy ride. Works well for me!!!

I run my 23s at about 6.5 (rear) all the time ... ;)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Registered and payed for the 200km next!should have atleast 3 friends joining me.really looking forward to it!

Out of curiousity how many guys ride the shorter distances with knobblys? Or is that plain stupid?

Not many guys ride an Audax on a MTB, I think I am the only one that did this over the past few years. The result is that it tough, either to stay with the group on their road bikes, or you are basically all alone. If you have a few buddies who can join, all the better.

I found the MTB to be more comfortable over the distance, but the heavier bike makes it difficult to ride with the road bikes, the little accelarations the bunch has, are amplified if you are on the MTB.

the little accelarations the bunch has ....

What's all this talk of "accelerations" .... stop scaring me, I thought we were just out for a nice leisurely 600. My legs don't do accelerations, little or large .... ;)

What's all this talk of "accelerations" .... stop scaring me, I thought we were just out for a nice leisurely 600. My legs don't do accelerations, little or large .... ;)

You would even notice these on a road bike - so no worries for you!

I just need to say something ......

I don't like you guys at all and this is a horrible thread.

I will not read this again....... I am a liar and that is the truth

I just need to say something ......

I don't like you guys at all and this is a horrible thread.

I will not read this again....... I am a liar and that is the truth

Nice to see you on here Slowbee - enjoyed your Argus write-up very much

Good luck to all the 600 km riders!!

Might be on the 200 km starting line, depending on the weather!!

Hope to see you at the Lido

Have a safe one guys :thumbup:

Your Leg 2 looks a little different to the GPX on the Audax SA website and the route sheet. According to those Leg 2 is more of a figure 8 shape than the out and return same way of Leg 1.

Opps. Thanks. Fixed. Was in a bit of a rush. (still am to get ready...)

Archived