[Event] 99er Cycle Tour

Ninetyniner Durbanville

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on what group you start in and what the group menatality is like on the day. The higher the seeding group, the faster pace they will go off at. So even though its "Flat" one can find oneself working really hard to keep with the group.

The wind compounds this issue further making it harder.

The climbs at the end are not the end of the world if you have managed to save yourself and keep in a group all the way round.

Some more detail of the route please, got butterflies in me tummy for this race dont know why. starting in J-Group hopefully it will be a leka ride worried about the 3 climbs at the end havent done visserhok in a while and did not have time to ride the route.

Edited by Malpiet

Some more detail of the route please, got butterflies in me tummy for this race dont know why. starting in J-Group hopefully it will be a leka ride worried about the 3 climbs at the end havent done visserhok in a while and did not have time to ride the route.

Hi Malpiet

You can check the route and profile out here: http://www.99er.co.za/images/route/99er.png

I'm in % too. Don't how that happened because I don't belong there. Thinking of rather starting with the A or B group

Also in %. The way I see it, given that the route is fairly flat the first 80km you should be able to hang on even if you're a bit "outclassed". And getting dropped on the last few climbs and TT'ing the last bit home on your own is not a biggie..

Also in %. The way I see it, given that the route is fairly flat the first 80km you should be able to hang on even if you're a bit "outclassed". And getting dropped on the last few climbs and TT'ing the last bit home on your own is not a biggie..

Also in %....seems a lot of us in there. I just want to hang on till Malans. Schedule bit hectic this week with 2 hours cycling every day from Tuesday through to Friday with running and swimming added in between! Might have 0 legs on saturday and must go for another 30 km and 5 km run after race :wacko:

Great to see all the signboards all over Durbanville!

"99er cycle race Saturday from 06:00 - 13:00 - expect delays on Vissershok road" ( something like that)

How's that for event planning! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Micky Mouse

Went to check out the gravel road. Some might like it, others not. First 1km is the worse, but I saw lots of trucks on that piece of road. They are also fixing some potholes on the stretch just before the Vissershok climb.

post-39151-0-61526800-1391713485_thumb.jpg

post-39151-0-09627000-1391713506_thumb.jpg

Went to check out the gravel road. Some might like it, others not. First 1km is the worse, but I saw lots of trucks on that piece of road. They are also fixing some potholes on the stretch just before the Vissershok climb.
thanks for the feedback. Do you think they done working already or still busy?

That road doesn't look like one you'd choose to ride ... :eek:

I'm in $, shouldn't be there, but relish the opportunity to make a mess. If I can hang on...

K@K man. You've been finishing top 10-20 in PPA A bunch! What you must keep in mind most of the "Elites" are in Durban, or taking the day off because of the hill climb the next.....

Lastly HTFU!