Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 30% of the field are on fully sponsord tickets and this excludes the pros.

Then sponsor me and u, Team Dick & Harry......

what would max say to that?

Aaag.. I would hug him too.. cause they fought hard today and are African leaders again, as well as the leading Hubber ;).. (added after he had cleaned up) o

Edited by Gen

While watching the highlights on DSTV, I noticed that one of the riders was dealing with a tyre/puncture issue.

It appeared as though he had one of those foam rubber perma tubes in his tyre. It was blue-ish in colour and certainly had the appearance of a shaped foam type item.

Am I mistaken or does one get light blue coloured MTB tubes ?

With a full suspension bike where the suspension/rebound can be adjusted to take into account the tyre hardness (read tyre pressure when using air).....can one in fact ride with a permatube ?

Edited by Btus

While watching the highlights on DSTV, I noticed that one of the riders was dealing with a tyre/puncture issue.

It appeared as though he had one of those foam rubber perma tubes in his tyre. It was blue-ish in colour and certainly had the appearance of a shaped foam type item.

With a full suspension bike where the suspension/rebound can be adjusted to take into account the tyre hardness (read tyre pressure when using air).....can one in fact ride with a permatube ?

I also noted that but I do think its a tube. Can't really carry a permatube in the back pockets.

I also noted that but I do think its a tube. Can't really carry a permatube in the back pockets.

True, but then again, he might have started the stage with it in and was only reseating a tyre that was problematic

They are tubes made from latex if I'm thinking about the same thing you are

Today would be a good day to have a bike with a sealed gearbox.

the now much forgotten to the S-strike riding crowd and called Rohloff...

<i hear keyboards going crazy>

Most likely a latex tube, they're that colour. Ai yi yai ,,,,

Most likely a latex tube, they're that colour. Ai yi yai ,,,,

Yes, the latex tubes Topeak Ergon riders use is a Lakata thing. For some reason he loves latex tubes.

Yes, the latex tubes Topeak Ergon riders use is a Lakata thing. For some reason he loves latex tubes.

Flashbacks of a certain Epic with KE, latex tubes, carbon rims .... bam