Argus 2014 HUBBER SATURDAY RIDE

Wannabe

Cool, about time we ride together again.

Heard from guys that recce'd the route over the past weekend that the gravel section is more suited to Mtb than Roadbike.

Still a lot of thick loose sand.

Imagine if it had to rain this weekend like it did for last years 99er..... :wacko:

That dirt section will become incredibly interesting then.

Edited by Woofie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still deciding on the 99er, will do my recce with the car on Thursday and decide on Friday. If it rains, it will be cyclo-cross style the last few kilometers, and the short route joining in - much fun.

Yup. It is open to anyone. If you can ride the distance then come along.

We can meet you there somewhere on that side.

Last year we met guys across from the Constantia shopping Centre.

Wannabe can arrange the details with you.

Cool. Distance no problem, I'm in Rosebank so just need to know which road you'll be coming down.

Big up the Rosebank massive, glad to know there are 2 of us!

Guys can meet us at Constantia Village from about 07h00 (took us an hour to get there last time)

Start at VA Greenpoint at 06h00 (bring along lights, still fairly dusk at that time)

Going out on Liesbeek Park, past Newlands towards Constantia. Spaanschemat rd to Westlake. Join Argus route proper at foot of Boyes drive.

Pace will be fairly relaxed. Took us just on 5hrs to complete the ride last year. Avg pace was just under 25km/h.

Guys are free to strtch the legs up the climbs, we just regroup at the top (Smitswinkel, Chappies, Suikerbossie)

See you guys and gals on Saturday.