How do you carry neccessities while riding?

feetup

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Camelbak

with

Tubeless repair kit (with snots)

Plugs for bigger holes

Two bombs

Adapter

Quicklink

Multitool (or so I thought until i needed it)

Stage races: + slime tube & chunky levers

TRK has some odds and ends in it - chain pins (never use them because I use quick links), valve adapter so's I can pomp at the garage (not that I ever have), joe's valve core

water / juice in bottles in their cages

the rest...shirt pockets.

you can never go wrong with a Camelbak...that's why there are there for...and forget about the the Hub style guru's ...you'll thank me when you don't get stuck on the trail!!

you can never go wrong with a Camelbak...that's why there are there for...and forget about the the Hub style guru's ...you'll thank me when you don't get stuck on the trail!!

Have one...mule.

No thanks....too heavy / hot / looks hond....three strikes and you are out.

I carry 3 levers...you obviously never had a tyre leaver snap on you trying to fit a tight tubeless set-up???

Green crowbar lever...if you can snap that your wheel is probably bent as well.

I carry 3 levers...you obviously never had a tyre leaver snap on you trying to fit a tight tubeless set-up???

No obviously not. I carry one for emergencies. And only used it twice, and not for my bike.

If your sealant is enough and you have a couple of plugs to plug big holes and sidewall cuts, you will never need to use a lever. Never mind three, maybe get better quality tire levers?

Green crowbar lever...if you can snap that your wheel is probably bent as well.

Snapped 2 trying to get my WTB Weirwolf UST tire onto my Spanks. Yes. On the same tire. Nevr getting that thing off...

No obviously not. I carry one for emergencies. And only used it twice, and not for my bike.

If your sealant is enough and you have a couple of plugs to plug big holes and sidewall cuts, you will never need to use a lever. Never mind three, maybe get better quality tire levers?

Couldn't agree more...first rule of riding without a tjoob...make sure your sealant levels are ok before every ride.

Snapped 2 trying to get my WTB Weirwolf UST tire onto my Spanks. Yes. On the same tire. Nevr getting that thing off...

:eek:

Are you sure about it being crowbar tyre levers...

they should test your pee at races... :clap:

Permanently in a small saddle bag:

1x tjoop,

CO2 cartridge and adapter,

In a small box the patches came in - patches, glue, valve stem, master link, R100, plugs, plug tool.

I learnt to use the QR skewer as tyre levers, so no need to carry tyre levers.

In back pocket... phone, house/car keys (depending if riding from home or going to an out-of-town ride/race),

Spare bottle with water if the ride is longer than 2 hours, and a mini-pump.

Apple or banana - if I remember.

1 gel just above the tan lines, under my shorts.

Interesting....perhaps care to share the excat method? or is it a simple try at home type thing?? Will certainly try this at home first...

yes, the ones i initially got were crap!! did not know you get tyre levers and then TYRE leavers...hindsight is always a great teacher...

Couldn't agree more...first rule of riding without a tjoob...make sure your sealant levels are ok before every ride.

agree...i'm one of those thsat get so complacent about tubeless...I never check sealant levels untill they are basically all dried up...the other day i got a huge fright when i realised i've been riding on dry tyres for many months!!

agree...i'm one of those thsat get so complacent about tubeless...I never check sealant levels untill they are basically all dried up...the other day i got a huge fright when i realised i've been riding on dry tyres for many months!!

Same here....you forget / assume everything is cool...I am very slack with this.

487454_365765373508471_1972075411_n.jpg

I use a Small Bag for my phone Cash etc and A large bag for my spare tube plus tools

Made from 26 and 29 tubes.

Currently have the following in the Large bag

Tube(29er) Super thin.

Multi tool

Quick Link

Chain Breaker

Sram torx driver.

valve key.

Bomb and nozzle

spare Valve core.

glueless patches

Small bottle of lube.

The bags fit perfectly into cycling pockets and the rubber grips well so no chance of them falling out.

Large bags are R90 and Small R50