Argus MTB

FCH

Here are a few ideas for a goodie bag for this event:

- Free day pass for the Simonsberg Conservancy trails and Delvera Trails to be used after the event

- Free wine tasting voucher / discounted wine tasting at the 5 or so wine farms we visited during the ride to be used during the week leading up to the Argus.

- 15% discount voucher at one or more of the restaurants at the wine farms visited

- 15% off all Dirtopia / AMA rider merchandise at the trail centre

The orginisers missed a golden opportunity to give the farms that generously make their land available some much needed and appreciated exposure to their brands. They could also have benefited from having a good number of riders riding their trails in the week with no traffic and at their own leisurely pace and no doubt spread some very nice word-of-mouth on these trails.

Dude!! you should be organising races!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like the way you are thinking...that goodie bag would have cost zeros Rands to put together!! But it is propvol REAL value items!!

Man, what a great idea...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way you are thinking...that goodie bag would have cost zeros Rands to put together!! But it is propvol REAL value items!!

aw shucks... you've made me blush... :oops:

but seriously, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to gear your event to give your local farmers and trails some much needed exposure.

besides, I saw so many Vaalies and mielieboere number plates at the race on Sunday. Those folk will be spending the next 5 days in Cape Town on holiday anyway. Might as well get them back on the trails and in the wine tasting rooms while they are here.

aw shucks... you've made me blush... :oops:

but seriously, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to gear your event to give your local farmers and trails some much needed exposure.

I did a trail run in Constantia Valley, and they used this exact idea to market the 3 farms which we ran on. Gave discounted membership to the loyalty programmes, discounts on dinners, etc. Really was a great marketing idea.

looks like there was a marshal mix-up......

http://www.sssenterp...-argus-mtb-win/

"I cross the line, hands in the air, its finally happened, and been along time coming, but after all my setbacks and issues, I’ve worked harder and smarter than ever, and its paid off now, I’ve won a big race! I’m back, I’m healthy, and I’ve given something small back to my sponsors who stood by me in the lean times.

Only to hear the announcer say “Well done on taking bronze.”

Its then I see the Cannondale/Blend team being interviewed. Confused, upset, angry, embarrassed were just a few of the emotions running through me at the time."

Go read king kev's race report...seems a couple of riders did the right thing...other didn't :whistling:

Go read king kev's race report...seems a couple of riders did the right thing...other didn't :whistling:

gutted for Kevin..he has gone through all sorts of adversity to get himself back into a position like this to win..only to discover this.

Surely a CSA commissaire should have been there to make a ruling? Oh wait..is this a PPA event?

I had no problems with any route markings, its your own fault, follow the arrows next time & not the rider ahead of you, I can say this cause I'm guilty of this in the past, follow blindly or chatting to a mate next to you & miss the arrow, its so easy & can happen in a blink of an eye.

Nice one dude, thats a good time on a Jack Hammer

[/Quote] btw, what happened to you? Must say I was shocked to see me roll over the line before you.

What a brilliant track!!

Loved it all the way and a big improvement from last year, or should i say the last 10 years!!

My Strava recorded 1555 m elevation!! High enough for me that's for sure!!

gutted for Kevin..he has gone through all sorts of adversity to get himself back into a position like this to win..only to discover this.

Surely a CSA commissaire should have been there to make a ruling? Oh wait..is this a PPA event?

great help CSA were when Kevin and Drughead Dave took a wrong turn at Sani a few years ago?

btw, what happened to you? Must say I was shocked to see me roll over the line before you.

I was right infront before the start, then thought with 15mins to go, I'll go take a leak...when I returned I was right in the back of the AA bunch. Motto of the story, hold your pee till after the race :-)

great help CSA were when Kevin and Drughead Dave took a wrong turn at Sani a few years ago?

ha ha..wrong turn vs being led of course are two different things

I was right infront before the start, then thought with 15mins to go, I'll go take a leak...when I returned I was right in the back of the AA bunch. Motto of the story, hold your pee till after the race :-)

Eish no way bro, usually I perspire so much I don't even feel like a leak, but I suppose the cool weather conditions played a role in you having to go, you probably took the same amount of fluids as a normal sunny day. I just drank less than normal in fact still have left over in my water bottles, water hardly touched, 1/4 cytomax still left. Took a huge risk with not stopping at any water points.

ha ha..wrong turn vs being led of course are two different things

And the self-same CSA came screaming to burry and christof's rescue when they got the route wrong in the Epic and next day the bulls did the same and got the time back?