• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be an iteresting race. Looking forward to it. First argus mtb

Edit: good luck to everyone racing tomorrow

Edited by JCA12

Rode the 22km today, because I was too late to get a 55km or 38km entry. I had an absolute blast. Expect lots of sand guys, in true Argus mtb tradition, lots and lots of sand. Placed in the top 50 against the young laaities. Well organised and with some awsome singletrack, when we were not building sandcastles in the sand.

Well done to the organisers, the 55km was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! No hold ups, no ridiculous ridiculousness (whateva that means). a 100 times better than last years route. 2h57mins, I'm happy :thumbup:

Also loved it - awesome route. Started at the front so no hold ups but the limited technical skills further back in the pack probably caused some inevitable bottle necks.

Superb race and route. Even at the back of the AE group the spacing of the singletrack sections meant that there weren't many queues. I had 3 waits, and one was for a guy who fell in the thick sand and another was for a guy who snapped his chain. Nothing the organisers could do about either.

5 million times better than previous routes. The singletrack sections were brilliant!!

Big up to all involved for a brilliantly organised event with a super route. Definitely want to be back there next year!

Have to agree.Route was nice indeed,with nada bottlenecks.One or two close shaves on route with all the dust,but overall enjoyed very much, and a big improvement over previous years.

We did the 38 and had a good ride. Stopped at 4km to assist with a puncture until the sweepers got there, then chatted to the girls and boys while we worked our way through the route. My riding buddy had a fall at the first subway road crossing, had a giggle about it, got to great single track sections, gave the riders infront of us a few minutes head start, had a ball chasing the tail again. Got to a rather bad mtb accident just before Muratie. The girl went down the slope at one of the sandy sections. Decided to get her to medics to have her seen to.

Awesome route, apart from having to take over 8000 wheels through the single track and the back markers having to deal with the gemors. A definite improvement from the previous route, but the venue with the split start / finish was not ideal. Perhaps the orginisers should consider having riders park their cars at the finish, and then cycle to the start a few km away rather than the other way around. I opted not to hang around at the finish due to the trek to the car afterwards.

This route would probably have seen huge casualties if the weather was its usual hot self. It was a lucky break for us and the orginisers to have a cooler day.

Now how about an Enduro MTB Argus next year Meurant? Just a side note: Limit the entries to a few hundred, otherwise you will be running around like a lunatic trying to get everyone through.

very cool route this time round, had an awesome time en het rekord tyd gemaak, met pap wiel en al :)

ek het die 55 gery en geen bottlenecks, die weer het ook lekker saam gespeel

Results are up on Racetec, 1002 entrants for the 55km!!! Double last year, and strangely on 615 or so for the 38km...usually the other way around? Capetonians getting stronger by the hundreds, good stuff :thumbup:

Edited by BrandonF

Awesome race. The new route is top - lots of single track to enjoy. Though I found the jeep tracks at times very slippery when cornering. Will be back next year if they stick with the new venue.

That 55 was awesome - nice fast single track through the forests.

Had one near miss with that huge dip in the forest with high speed entry.

Thank goodness my arms were able to keep the sternum from a horrible injury

I also did the 55 but suffered from cramps from about 25km into the race ( never had that before) pushed through and improved on my time of last year. Much better course this year but that last 5k's could have been easier.

Edited by BB Giant

Superb route on the 55km, challenging, but so much fun! Well organised and well marked with perfect conditions. Great day out!