Claudio

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats an epic swop for a DJ bike.... :whistling: :thumbup:

id be ringing your doorbell already :w00t:

Sure, but every component on my DJ bike is better than on the Reign.... and the Reign is 3-4 years old......

I don't know. :wacko:

Sure, but every component on my DJ bike is better than on the Reign.... and the Reign is 3-4 years old......

I don't know. :wacko:

Sure .. but i rekon nowadays some bmx frames and dj 's are way overpriced.. they dont have nearly the same R&D as a dual sus frame and 2nd hand have more then likely had a bin or 2 as part of dj'ing... not too mention way less materials..

i understand they different for their purpose...

not to say i would't want this frame..

http://ez-bikers.com/images/yeti_dj/Yeti_DJ_Frame_2013_2.jpg

but at over 6k on clearance i still find it obsurd.. never mind the RRP of over 12k is stupid ^_^

Guys building cult bmx's nowadays that are close on 20k that they chuck around town ... :devil:

Currently have a 2013 Jekyll alu frame. I've been very impressed with the stability and suspension platform. Only niggle I've had is the super low BB (especially when running the DYAD recommended 40% sag)... expect lots of clipping pedals on rocks and roots.

According to reviews the Jekyll feels best with a 160mm fork. I run mine with a 160mm Talas 36.

I don't know what the Alu Jekyll frame comes in at, but I'd estimate 15-ish.

I'm going over to a Sukuma next week with a Lyrik RC2 DH (Crow will be pleased). Haven't ridden one yet, but should be good. Dave Weagle is a wizzard.

What frame size are you? There's a large SB-66 and Lyrik going for a steal in the classifieds. Alternatively if you're dead set on brand new, then Moringside Cycles has a large, brand new (old stock) SB-66 frame they'll let go for 18k

Currently have a 2013 Jekyll alu frame. I've been very impressed with the stability and suspension platform. Only niggle I've had is the super low BB (especially when running the DYAD recommended 40% sag)... expect lots of clipping pedals on rocks and roots.

According to reviews the Jekyll feels best with a 160mm fork. I run mine with a 160mm Talas 36.

I'm going over to a Sukuma next week with a Lyrik RC2 DH (Crow will be pleased). Haven't ridden one yet, but should be good. Dave Weagle is a wizzard.

What frame size are you? There's a large SB-66 and Lyrik going for a steal in the classifieds. Alternatively if you're dead set on brand new, then Moringside Cycles has a large, brand new (old stock) SB-66 frame they'll let go for 18k

Ya, had a bit of a rant that the Yeti in the classifieds is a large, I'm a medium myself. Having ridden a SB-95 previously, I was thoroughly impressed, so the 66 is high up on my list. But alas, I'm a shorty...

Ya, had a bit of a rant that the Yeti in the classifieds is a large, I'm a medium myself. Having ridden a SB-95 previously, I was thoroughly impressed, so the 66 is high up on my list. But alas, I'm a shorty...

35mm stem perhaps? :lol:

He's a bit on the wee side... S/M frame only.

So, it's time to look at a new ride. I'm currently selling my Nukeproof Snap and Argyle fork (if you're keen PM me ;) )and looking for a 140mm+ all mountainy ride. I've found a fork, 160mm Fox Talas, and have all but decided on an NS Soda Air, but thought I would put it to the people for some opinion. My budget is max 17,000 for a frame, has to be 26 and minimum 140mm travel.

And go...

FYI I have this available

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/76230-gt-force-10-medium/

Thought Soda is damn nice

I've heard and read quite often that the Commencals are on the heavy side even for AM rigs.

Have you also heard (from the interview with Max Commencal) that since the release of the Meta AM there haven't been any returns on cracked/faulty frames.

He admits that his bikes arent the lightest, but also states that they're built to last.

A Meta SX was on my short list. Just a pity they're on the pricey side.

:whistling: haven't seen one of those Maverick forks in ever, but the force isn't really my style... Thanks though.

Cool :thumbup:

Open to offers on the Fork and front wheel /wheelset