MTN-Qhubeka lose out on TDF Wildcard.

nickc

Damn, thought they had a good chance - they did not get a wildcard entry.

There was disappointment for MTN-Qhubeka, however, as the team missed out in its bid for a debut grand tour ride, while there is no place either for the Caja Rural team of Luis Leon Sanchez

If this was Bafana they'd now be posting their disappointment on every social media they can find - probably on the news as well. And end it all off with a:"We demand a place.."

Hi,

Not sure about social media, but there would definitly be talk about replacing a manager/trainer etc.

Regards

Sarge

Are they doing Tour of Oman or Qatar? They are big drawcards for the start of season for big teams.

If they want to do Tour de France, they need a top rider like Froome or Contador or etc.......

They must sign up one of those riders for 1/2 years, so that we will easily do TDF..

IAM there because fo Chavanel and 2 x french teams, pretty muhc the way it goes with grand tours, invite your locals.......Endura - hmmmmm? Locke's ex team........

Don't think TdF was their aim this year. All efforts focussed on Giro and that fell thru.

All they can do is keep at it and produce results. Sadly can't see them getting into Vuelta. Lets hope I'm wrong.

Hi,

Not sure about social media, but there would definitly be talk about replacing a manager/trainer etc.

Regards

Sarge

Why do you say that? It's at the organiser's discretion?

they're not ready for the TdF.

The Vuelta is cheaper and more doable for a newer Pro-Conti team.

I would not be too disappointed.

Their time will come - perhaps as early as next year.

If they want to do Tour de France, they need a top rider like Froome or Contador or etc.......

They must sign up one of those riders for 1/2 years, so that we will easily do TDF..

they have Ciolek....

IAM there because fo Chavanel and 2 x french teams, pretty muhc the way it goes with grand tours, invite your locals.......Endura - hmmmmm? Locke's ex team........

Endura has Leo Konig and comes off the back of 9th @ the '13 Vuelta with a stage there, one at the Tour of California, they also rode the Giro in 2012.

To be honest you have to think this will be the last year that Endura can keep Konig, his Veulta GC was pretty unsupported by his team. A dark horse for a top 10, depending how his build up is.