Intense M9 FRO Build

DR ◣◢

Looks nice, but kind of overkill for the Spruit non existent downhills.... but whatever floats your boat... :)

Pfft, you know nuthink...! Way too little travel for the spruit.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame man - give him a break - it's for the spruit jump lines... where it probably fits the bill quite nicely..... despite the teasing. :)

Its going to be totally useless going UP hills... :ph34r: :ph34r:

I'm really just feeling sorry for his legs already!

As far as jump lines go, I reckon it'll pretty much swallow most of the jumps whole with about half its travel :ph34r:

Edited by MH for short

Guest Omega Man

No local Intense agents last time I checked. (It was Paragon)

As for decal kits. Slik Graphics have some of the best decal kits around. You'll have to email and ask what they offer for M9's, but I got my 6.6 custom decals from them and I was very impressed.

(They also do nice crank protector decals)

The're Swedish, but ship to SA.

I know someone who's looking to pick it up. He may or may not be a current Intense owner

• Saddle updated
  • Saint pedals fitted.
  • Changing the grips this weekend
  • and when the post office stops striking one day the Avid Codes are getting changed for Hope Tech 3 V4s

The bike is something else all together. Dropped the travel from 9.5" to 8.5" and it now pedals extremely well. Completely different riding this to anything else I own. The faster you go the better it feels.

As soon as I get out of injury rehab Ill take it down to KZN for some proper riding.

Still looking for Fatbars to replace the BooBars on the bike.

923440_10151836043271557_1636946056_n.jpg

Edited by Maxxis

Found out the Boobars on the bike was cut to 750mm. Good enough excuse to replace them.

Renthals in 10mm rise from the Mbuzi fitted. Mbuzi got some 760mm carbon goodness.

post-22685-1391946058,7377.jpg

Found out the Boobars on the bike was cut to 750mm. Good enough excuse to replace them.

Renthals in 10mm rise from the Mbuzi fitted. Mbuzi got some 760mm carbon goodness.

Found out the Boobars on the bike was cut to 750mm. Good enough excuse to replace them. ......so what are you doing with the boobars

Boobars are a little scratched and looking a bit worn.

I have somebody interested in taking them. If not ill out them up for sale.

what's the rest of your setup: HA, chainstay length, shock position?

HA set to 64deg

Chainstay is on the shortest setting to help get the bike a little more nimble.

Shock is on the middle progression setting and running 8.5" travel.

Still want to tweak the shock settings a little.

you dont mind the increased BB height with that chainstay length and HA?

Actually not. Going from 9.5" to 8.5" it raised a little also.

With the proper sag dialed in and the 175mm cranks I'm already striking pedals a little.

Will stretch it out and drop to 63deg HA for that other place later this year.

Will try other setting as soon as I get the green light to ride again.

Actually not. Going from 9.5" to 8.5" it raised a little also.

With the proper sag dialed in and the 175mm cranks I'm already striking pedals a little.

Will stretch it out and drop to 63deg HA for that other place later this year.

Will try other setting as soon as I get the green light to ride again.

green light to ride? you sound bro.ken. what happened?

oh and when you wash your bike, turn it upside after you done. water collects in the BB through the slot in the HT. Even without a pressure washer a lot of water collects in BB. i stick on some tape or stuff in some putty just to block it up before washing. But make sure your crank shaft is properly greased to prevent corrosion. Inspect often if you wash often.

green light to ride? you sound bro.ken. what happened?

oh and when you wash your bike, turn it upside after you done. water collects in the BB through the slot in the HT. Even without a pressure washer a lot of water collects in BB. i stick on some tape or stuff in some putty just to block it up before washing. But make sure your crank shaft is properly greased to prevent corrosion. Inspect often if you wash often.

Thanks man. Really appreciate the help.

Green light... Yeah. I've got a L5/S1 disc prolapse in my back. Currently pinching a nerve quite badly rendering my left leg pretty much useless. Can't ride at all. 8 weeks off.

PS. Do you ride one of the blue M9s on the back of the Ranger?