70.3 Finishers Shirt

davem

"Dear Mr ......

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Merrell Finishers shirt at this years Ironman 70.3 event. I am terribly sorry that you are not happy with the quality of the T-shirt you received at this years event, your comments have been noted. Please be advised that we worked very closely with Ironman in which the split between mens and ladies tee’s in the correct sizes were produced according to the final number of entrants and I do apologise if you did not receive your correct size.

The T shirt received is made from 100% Cotton with a weight of 180gms, which is of a far higher quality than other cotton tee’s which normally weigh in at 140gms to 160gms.

With the upcoming Ironman 10 year finishers shirt, we have used the highest quality, design and fit and we are already working on a new design and fabric for the 2015 Ironman 70.3 event.

Kind Regards

Gustav Nefdt.

haha whats the bet that a copy and paste job sent to everyone who complained

It irks me when companies do this

The T shirt received is made from 100% Cotton with a weight of 180gms, which is of a far higher quality than other cotton tee’s which normally weigh in at 140gms to 160gms.

Trying to defend something by questioning the person knowledge of product. Bottom line is it as a cheap cotton T Shirt - yes even at 180gms

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I wouldn't put myself through months and months of training and then completing an IM for a Tshirt... :whistling:

I was just happy to finish on the amount of training I did!! Still wearing my T shirt and medal :thumbup: Smells a little but otherwise happy days.

I'm more concerned about the fact that so many competitors have fallen sick since finishing. Most of my friends and a lot of people on the hub have been struggling with a stomach bug since Monday night.

I nearly booked myself into hospital my stomach cramps were so bad.

Its not just one or two people but a lot!

I'm more concerned about the fact that so many competitors have fallen sick since finishing. Most of my friends and a lot of people on the hub have been struggling with a stomach bug since Monday night.

I nearly booked myself into hospital my stomach cramps were so bad.

Its not just one or two people but a lot!

That is not good. Any idea on the cause? I only drank what came in a sealed bottle/sachet and did not eat the burger afterwards.

In hind sight I remember seeing them mixing a drink (GU brew?) on the run course in a big blue drum and stirring with a stick. It doesn't take much in that scenario for a bug/toxin to be spread.

Have no clue, didn't have any GU BREW, but had a GU, burger, sandwich, coke, sandwich and muffin.

Normally food will take a couple of hours to make you ill though.

Was thinking it was the water sachet's but im not sure.

That is not good. Any idea on the cause? I only drank what came in a sealed bottle/sachet and did not eat the burger afterwards.

In hind sight I remember seeing them mixing a drink (GU brew?) on the run course in a big blue drum and stirring with a stick. It doesn't take much in that scenario for a bug/toxin to be spread.

There has been a hell of a lot of gastro going around, I dont think its race related

The shirt is pretty bad, but I think complaints should be directed at Paul Wolff, he is ultimately responsible for the shirt, and the rubbish bag that was provided. I will be emailing him about this for sure, two bad shirts in a row is unacceptable.

Lads being incredulous about the fuss being made over a t-shirt, with commentary that they didn't train for the IM for a t-shirt and that it's "just a t-shirt!!" are missing the point.

Some of us have overcome great difficulty and challenges in getting to that start/finish line, and are proud as hell to wear evidence of that fact - not to boast or show off, but to be proud of ourselves.

I, sadly, missed that opportunity this year, but you can be damn sure that I'll be wearing that shirt with pride next year - and for R2000, quality is expected.

Edited by Bodhi

I had no problem ... post race anyways. I skipped all the food after the race and didn't go to the awards so didn't eat that food. Drank tap water the whole time I was in the ECape and no problems for that.

You have to remember that the 70.3 is like the Comrades for a lot of people and bragging rights is very important. I mean some oke's have their km's ridden and podiums achieved on their Hub avatars as an example. A finisers T-shirt is serious business. Its the one of the only few things that you will ever wear that was earned. :w00t:

I recon, skip the T-shirt next year and have a tent at the finish to get your M-Dot Inked on your body. That way you won't be disappointed and you have something for bragging rights... :whistling:

I have often wondered, WHY do they ask you to click on your shirt size and then never have the size you selected??

Surely these entries are done months in advance so all you need to do is to order the correct amount of sizes AS PER THE ENTRY LIST. how hard can it be.

If an athlete then comes back and asks for a different size, then sorry, that is not what you ordered.

but by swopping one or two athletes shirts on the day it means someone is not getting the correct size.

How is it that event like Sani2C can give such great shirts/jackets and kit? at R2000 - R4500 (Im and 70.3) it almost works out the same per day as these multi day events.

For those who have done one or two IM, i would much rather NOT receive a T-Shirt or bag AGAIN and rather have a fleece jacket or half jacket. they should swop and change it every other year if you ask me.

So lets maybe post some pics of great shirts / jackets you have received from other events.

maybe there are some races worth racing for the t-shirt.

Is it just me that doesn't want FINISHER printed big on my shirt? Just a small 70.3 2014 logo would be nice so I can wear it without trying to tell the world I finished a race.

This is off course not relevant for now because my medium is bigger than a large so wearing it isn't an option regardless. Merrel certainly didn't win any customers by getting involved, now we just know their sizing is wacky and the shirts are poor.

I recon, skip the T-shirt next year and have a tent at the finish to get your M-Dot Inked on your body. That way you won't be disappointed and you have something for bragging rights... :whistling:

Hell yeah, seconded!