70.3 Finishers Shirt

davem

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some ate their T shirts....was it bad enough to give you food poisoning?

No one got a picture of the offending shirt?

I have often wondered, WHY do they ask you to click on your shirt size and then never have the size you selected??

Surely these entries are done months in advance so all you need to do is to order the correct amount of sizes AS PER THE ENTRY LIST. how hard can it be.

If I remember correctly at IMSA in a previous year your shirt size was on the race number so you flashed that, they gave you your shirt and marked the number as collected.

Maybe some ate their T shirts....was it bad enough to give you food poisoning?

No one got a picture of the offending shirt?

Haha. We have all got a bit constipated about the shirt.

I gave mine away to someone who finished the course outside the time so didn't get a medal or shirt.Hope she doesn't hate me.

So the shirt was crap, does Mr Wolf and Mr Merrel really care....think we all know the answer to that.

Why don't they one year say you can all forego the shirt and that Barney the Dinosaur Kindergarten Day Pack and give that money to a charity.....now that will make us feel much better than pissing and moaning?

There are some very strong opinions going here, although people are managing to stay polite.

I have not competed in any sort of IM, more of a runner and cyclist. I do how ever like to get shirts from the events, two of my favorite are the two oceans marathon and Knysna shirts. I like them for the quality and the normally great designs.

I use them for training and find that I am often able to pull motivation from them as I can remember what I went through each year to get that top, or failed to do etc.

The point I am trying to get across is that people wear the tops for different reasons, some as a sign of personnel accomplishment, others to show off and some because the tops are just really nice and if the event advertises that they will be giving a top you have a right to complain if it is a piece of rubbish. Even more so if the cost of the event was extremely high.

Davem I am completely with you, while you were a bit cheeky, it's good to let them know if you are not happy with the quality and it's not like you were demanding another one.

For those of you that say I don't take the top or who wants it anyway, you should start another topic "stop the pointless race shirts etc"

So the shirt was crap, does Mr Wolf and Mr Merrel really care....think we all know the answer to that.

Why don't they one year say you can all forego the shirt and that Barney the Dinosaur Kindergarten Day Pack and give that money to a charity.....now that will make us feel much better than pissing and moaning?

They have to give you free "stuff" to make you feel that you are actually getting value of some sort. They try and add value to their product so that they can ask more. Its like race packs at normal cycle races. Did you think the organisers actually pay for the lube, shampoo, expired Omega tablets or the October 2009 edition of Popular Mechanics that you get for free....

They cant ask R4,000 and give you nothing.........

At least the after party at IM last year had good food.

Anyways have you seen what the nice shirts costs at the expos? It seems slapping an IM logo on anything warrants a 600% price increase. Maybe that's their plan, to force you to buy a proper IM shirt at R500...........

I bought a jacket after my 1st IM. Never bought anything IM again.... The whole world doesn't need to know I have done it.

They have to give you free "stuff" to make you feel that you are actually getting value of some sort. They try and add value to their product so that they can ask more. Its like race packs at normal cycle races. Did you think the organisers actually pay for the lube, shampoo, expired Omega tablets or the October 2009 edition of Popular Mechanics that you get for free....

They cant ask R4,000 and give you nothing.........

At least the after party at IM last year had good food.

Anyways have you seen what the nice shirts costs at the expos? It seems slapping an IM logo on anything warrants a 600% price increase. Maybe that's their plan, to force you to buy a proper IM shirt at R500...........

I bought a jacket after my 1st IM. Never bought anything IM again.... The whole world doesn't need to know I have done it.

I only wear the shirt when registering for local races - makes me look hard core

Edited by JGR

I only wear the shirt when registering for local races - makes me look hard core

I once had a Comrades marathon T shirt which you get when you enter (also a cotton Tee, plain white with comrades and the year on the front...but anyway...not important :ph34r: )

Never got to the start line and I was doomed to use it for a pajama top in winter, couldn't bring myself to wear it in public and every time I put it on my wife gave me dirty looks (she has run comrades including the year I was supposed to run)

think I've still got it somewhere..... :whistling:

Slighly off topic but also what really bugged me was the food at the finish: Spur voucher - they only had meat burgers (at the W2W they had veggie burgers) and the other meal voucher would have got me a white bread and bovril sandwhich. No vegatarian options at all, at a metal concert that would be understandable but at the IM, really?

Edited by NixM

For those who wish to air their grievances regarding any aspect of the 70.3, you should have received/be receiving an email that links to a survey that goes directly to Ironman.

They ask about the merchandise etc, so have at it... ;)

i think the SPUR burger was possibly the reason i felt like i got shot in my stomach and am still feeling the affects now.