The Classics

T-Bob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tombeej,attention:

“I was having a drink, everyone slammed on and I hit a central reservation and landed on my face about 50km in. It proper shook me up. It’s really frustrating, because I pulled something in my back and I just felt terrible all day. I managed to hang on in there and went away in that group in the end...Considering how I felt, I can be happy with that. It was just a stupid crash.”

Geraint Thomas

A fact to remember as I reflect on my favourite's performance today:

Cancellera didn't win his first big classic until he was 26.

Sagan is 24.

Looking at it that way, it was a disappointment to work alone. I lost a lot of power doing that because it’s a long way from the Taaienberg to the finish. I put a lot of energy in this attack. Maybe that cost me the victory.”

GVA, on reflecting on another 2nd place

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/04/news/greg-van-avermaet-pleased-passenger-flanders-fight_322999#RXOtyjEcWiOOiD0x.99

Terrible scene

It's just the Flandrian tradition to not fence or barricade the parcourse

post-12015-0-97449600-1396814717_thumb.jpg

Great race! All 4 leaders were on tired legs at the end. Cancellara would have gone sooner if he could I think. He had the best jump to the line of the 4, played his hand the best.

Van Avermaet was possibly the strongest rider in the race, but he used a lot of reserves because Vandenbergh were almost no help to him. Big up to him for still getting 2nd.

I agree with you. For me Van Avermaet was the rider of the day. Cancellara is a general though. Well done!

Spartacus... Yussy, what an absolute machine...

Great day of racing.

Roll on Roubaix

:clap: :clap: