Which to Buy.... MTB - Shoes

Shepherd

Hi Hubbers...

Looking at getting a new pair or shoes this weekend and not sure what to buy.. what can you recommend and why?

I am looking at these?

Specialized MTB Sport.... http://www.specialized.com/za/en/ftr/shoes/mtb-shoes/sport-mtb

Otherwise had the Deadora (Not sure on model but not too expensive) before, about 4 years old now and the soles are a bit too flexible now and soft... also they have also always made my front part of the foot go numb sometimes.....

Anywho looking forward to the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Tim

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone can tell you what shoes they wear but that is going to be what works for them.. you need to buy the shoes that fit you best regardless of what works for anyone else..

I haven't heard any complaints from any Spez shoe owners. I have a standby pair of Diadora Geckos and I must say that I like them. Very comfy but they are a bit flexible (I tend walk a bit when I used to do the marathon type events....It's a side effect of being unfit and overweight)

Don't think you can go wrong TBH.

I am actually glad this tread popped up. I dont intend on buying new shoes now but it will be interesting to hear what the guys are saying. I have a pair of

Specialized.. the carbon one. (Got at huge discount year end sale on the unpopular sizes) I do find them a bit narrow though so I don't tighten then too tight.. . So would like to hear what else the guys are using.

Shot guys!!

I hear what you are saying, each to their own...

Always good to get feedback though.

The price range I would say 1000-1500 ish? most expensive shoes I had bought for MTB...

I heard the carbon great for transferring most of the power to the stroke, however a nightmare to walk you bike over portage sections with rocks...

Hey Shephard

Can say that i have had the oppertunity to ride the Specialized Sport , then bought the Suplest carbon-sole(Swiss brand @ CWCycles) and now went back to Specialized Comp carbon version and they are the Bomb!

It is merely my experience and i can highly recommend the Specialized brand for comfort and feel.

Then again, most of the top brands produce great product these days.

Good luck

I use cheap Olympic shoes and my friend uses Maxed (Mr Price Sport) shoes. They're both cheap and after almost 2 years, no problems, and they can probably go another 2 years, or even more. :thumbup:

I heard the carbon great for transferring most of the power to the stroke, however a nightmare to walk you bike over portage sections with rocks...

If I have to choose shoes, I would buy a pair that would last when walking with them...

Edited by Super Sywurm

even these entry level range or shoes?

I have a pair of these that I use mostly as training shoes these days. They have lasted incredibly well. I have had mine for close on 4 years now. Ok they are really coming towards the end of their life span now, but for me, there is nothing that can touch them in that price range. Great shoes and extremely comfortable.